Is it weird that I don't wanna date a girl with a ridiculous name or really big hands? -.-

is it weird that I don't wanna date a girl with a ridiculous name or a girl who has bigger hands then me? or am I being weird?

the name thing bothers me every time I hear a ridiculous name... I just never wanna say it like the name precious that sounds like a cute little dogs name its weird. depending on the name it needs to be absurd like why would you name your daughter that kind of name lol

the bigger hands is a problem I wanna feel like the man and the protector and if your hands are bigger then mine that's just wierd. I'm 6'2 I guess that's a decent height... I only encounterd this once with a cute very tall amazonian woman lol but I noticed she had the crazy basketball players hands made my hands look girlie and frail and I practice kung fu and punch stuff lol it was very emasculating -.-

thx for replies!

Most Helpful Girl

• Not really. I find obnoxious names annoying. I can think of a lot of girl names I hate more than guy names, but the same rules apply. Like when Ashley or Carly are spelled Ashleigh or Carleigh and in high school I knew a girl named Princess. What the hell. And I don't like feminine-leaning unisex names on guys or masculine-leaning unisex names on girls.

And I wouldn't really want to be with a guy with tiny girlie hands that make my hands feel giant so I can see that too.

A lot of people have ruder requirements than yours so it's not really a big deal.

• Princess is a another good example... What's wrong with parents?

• I know, they're just setting their kid up to be a spoiled brat.

What Girls Said 12

• I went on a few dates with a guy-- He was really hot, but his hands were tiny.. smaller than mine. And I didn't even want his hands to touch me, which was definitely a VERY new feeling for me.

So yeah, hands matter to me.

And if he had a weird name like Jethro or Glenn or something id be kinda turned off lol..

• The only thing I'll say about names is they tend to change once you can associate them with someone. I always hated the name Lilly/Lily, until I knew a girl by that name and now I love it, because it reminds me of her, and she is just beautiful in every way. Similarly, I used to like Christa, and now I know better.

• Not liking big hands isn't that weird. However, I find your fixation on names kind of stupid. Like, you see a cute girl, you flirt with her, ask her her name, and when she tells you it's diamond or sweetness what do you do? Walk away and say "no thank you honey."? And exactly what is your definition of a ridiculous name?

• True but it depends on the attraction like if you look like Jessica alba and your name is monifa that just irritates me but I'll probably deal with it

• Haha thank you for clarifying. I'm just guessing, but I bet you're white?

• Actually no lol I'm Dominican

• It's not weird! You want what you want and there's nothing wrong with that!

For me personally, I can't ever date a guy that isn't above 5'8'' and I also don't like fat guys or super muscular ones either.

• I think you are extremely picky about the name.. it isn't her fault.. it is her parents fault hahaha.

Plus you can give her a cute nickname anyways.

I can see about the hand thing though.. even though it is shallow..

• No, everyone has weird turn offs like that lol. I get turned off by the oddest things, for example if you walk funny(according to me), I wouldn't date you. xD

• maybe your not as much into as you think, because if so it may wouldn't bother you so much?

• Lol, I bet it didn't look right when you kissed her hand.

• then date your own race...

• rofl... okay anonymous person... you have no idea what I look like and I have picture of bruce lee as my profile picture there's no need to be ignorant or share ignorant comments that don't benefit anyone to hear... lol say hurtful stuff then ill check the anonymous box, people like you suffer from lack of intelligence

• Not at all

• Emasculated by hands? Wow - I'd say you have other issues.

And it's stupid to not date someone because of their name.

How about eliminating potential girlfriends based on legitimate reasons like personality?

• Well woman stop dating a guy for crappy reasons too like balding, no style,no job,weird mole, weird atoms apple... Am I that weird? I bet you have stuff that's a complete turn off...

• ehhh I think its okay to have preferences and be into weird fetishes or features but to completely rule out a girl because of a small thing like her name or hands, is a bit shallow and ridiculous. to be honest, you said that the girl you liked was very tall amazonian, well tall people have long genes, and long hands/fingers, feet, arms, legs, etc. so its natural she had long looking hands.

What Guys Said 4

• So my friend, Friedchickeniqua, with hands like this link would be a no-go. Darn. I'm trying to set her up with someone.

• Names don't matter that much too me. Like how bad can a name be to literally not date them. I honestly hope parents aren't naming their children, penis, or vagina anything of that sort. And about the hand thing, one of my friends around 6'8 has ridiculously small hands, I'm 6' and even I have bigger hands than him. He doesn't really have problems with girls or anything although girls that are like 5'3 have the same hand size as him. But then again each to his/her own, at the end of the day it comes down preference and no one can change that.

• Have you ever watched Seinfeld? Watch it from season 1-9 you will see that your worry is pretty common. Plus it puts a funny spin on it

• Well you could always give her a cute nickname.

I don't date short chicks or fat ones, but I don't have many other preferences.