Afraid to tell people I met someone online--what can I do?

Since there is a stigma about online dating, I'm afraid to tell people I met someone online.

What can I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• The stigma is decreasing as time goes by, but if the people you're telling don't know much about the internet, I get why you're hesitant about it. I met my boyfriend online and there were a couple of people who reacted weirdly to it, but it's not a big deal. The more couples they know who met online, the more they'll learn about it and hopefully stop making assumptions.

What Guys Said 2

• There's really no stigma about online dating. It's all in your head.

Just tell people what you have in mind.

• Its none of there business. As long as your Happy that's what matters.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not really a big deal anymore. there are some great people online. I me my boyfriend through okcupid. when I told my family and friends the worst I got was "be careful"

• If there was so much stigma about online dating, Zoosk.com, Match.com and all those other dating sites wouldn't exist. And do you know how many people use Zoosk.com? Or Match.com? As long as you know the person in real life as well, you're fine.