Girls do you like dating men that are 2-3 years younger?

Girls would you give a guy a shot whose 19 real sweet and kind guy who you find attractive your 22-23 years old and he's about to turn 20 in April.

• Yes I would date a younger man.
  • No I wouldent date a younger man.
  • Maybe.
  • If we connect and have chemistry,
  • Hell no I wouldent date a man younger than me.
Ive really appreciated youranswers and honestly thus far ladies if you don't mind could you also say how old you are because in my experience younger girls 17-29 usually date older men and its the 30-up that date young its perfectly OK if you don't wanna state your age.
yeah... that should say honesty and have a space between your answers... I should really slow down and proof read things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maturity is a big problem for me with dating younger men... I dated a guy who was 19 and I was 22... He didn't have a license , a job, just started college, no money or anything. He played computer games a lot of times and complained about how he didn't have any freedom because he lived at home...

now before you call me a gold digger... I had been at college for 2 years so about 60ish credits, a license,a job, money saved ect. I encouraged him to do the same but he always made excuses. He had little to no responsibility. He wouldn't put any effort into at least making the smallest improvements. Instead I was the person who drove us everywhere, paid for dinners, cleaned his room ect. I was no longer his girlfriend... I was his mother!

I bought him everything he needed, shirts, jeans, jackets and hoodies, new sheets, a blanket, new comforter ect. So all of that plus him being childish and stubborn I couldn't take it anymore. I broke up with him.

He begged me to take him back promised to get his life together, I said that I had already given him plenty of chances. He then got mad and accused me of not loving him, said I was selfish, said he didn't want me to transfer to state college because I was trying to leave him behind. He told me that I cared more about college and work then him...

• omg...im so glad you got away from him...i have my license and a job I do live at home tho...you cleaned his room dang...and paid for dinner! that's messed up he was being so selfish wanting you to stay instead of going away to a better college and getting an education..how long were you to gather and had to deal with all that?

• about a year and 3 months... I don't dislike younger men but I'm at a point in my life where I need to move on and make a life for myself I can't wait around for someone who doesn't have his sh*t together. I want to get a place to live get my degree and have a real job.

• Yeah I agree with you college is expensive you don't need someone taking your money and wasting your time cleaning their room college is time consuming enough.

What Girls Said 28

• I'm 22.

I don't really care for dating younger guys. I can be persuaded a year younger, but anything younger than that, especially at this age, is going to take a lot of convincing. I won't say absolutely no, but I will say it's highly unlikely. It's a maturity barrier as well as a mental barrier.

But that's no reason you shouldn't give it a shot!

• I almost exclusively date younger. Not sure why the relationships seem to work better than the ones with men my age or older.

• so you were 22 would you date a 19 year old guy who is mature, sweet, and adores you?

• Dated an 18 year old when I was 22. He left me for a 15 year old:(

• His loss

• No. I personally prefer men a little older. Women instinctually want to feel secure, and someone who is older will subconsciously make them feel more secure & protected. If we really, truly connected, maybe, but I don't see myself with a younger man.

• ahhh this sucks I like older women so its basically not going to happen if I'm attractive,sweet, and nice?

• It could for you, I just stated my personal preference. Whatever's meant to happen will happen, so if you truly belong with a sexy older woman, you'll get her.

• No, I prefer dating men 2-3 years older instead. Plus I'm 17, I would find it weird in my opinion to be dating a guy who is 14 or 15. Maybe my mind set will change as I get older, it tends to do that all the time.

• Yeah lol that would be awkward... I mean your 22 years old the guy is 19 about to be 20.

• Yeah I prefer it to be vice versa

• Maybe...but we'd have to connect very well. I've been out on my own for a while, moved to a few different states and out of the country. I know how to save money, budget, and overall have more life experience. Even at your age I was connecting better with people 4+ years older, and my current best friend is in her 30s...So for me to go younger they would need to be very mature and responsible for me to even consider it.

• I was with a guy who was 16 when I was 18. I felt awkward and a little creepy. I won't be doing that again. But I wouldn't care if a guy was a few months younger than me or whatever. Just so long as at some point we are the same age.

• 3 year gap is alright with me BUT he has to be mature because usually guys at around that age range aren't so 'committed' lol if you know what I mean. A guy at that age would be going to College, be at the age to go clubbing and drinking, who knows what other fine lady he may come across? lol Just saying.

• Yeah I don't like clubbing and wouldent feel comfortable dating multiple women.Maybe my mother let me watch disney to much?

• *face palm*i forget you can just look at the profile instead of bugging someone lol!

• haha I wouldn't mind a younger guy. I'm 21. But as long as they're not immature and still 'playing the field'. I think any woman wouldn't mind a guy younger than them. Age isn't everything. Its the connection, the attraction and the chemistry that matters.

• They would have to be extremely mature for their age.. I'm twenty and I date guys who are normally 23 or 24.. I think I wouldn't, I've tried before and it just doesn't work..

• No, I only date guys 5+ older than me. Guys at 19, are still really immature ( most of the time)

Maybe my mind will change about dating younger guys when I will hit my 30's but not when I'm in my early 20's!

• Ha! lol I like you I will date younger guys when I'm 30 ha ha that made me laugh and remember once a girl said she would date younger guys when she's 50 XD.

• nope, the guys I know are immature enough.

• HA! lol what if he was mature though?

• Truust me, that's a rare occurance. Bearing in mind this guy would be around 17/18. Baaad idea to be honest. Rather date a few years older.

Oh sorry just read the description (before I just answered the original question, obviously I'm not the age you're looking for, but yeah my opinion still stands. You're a year younger than me and I still don't think I could).

• That is fine I appreciate the honesty you like what you like.

• No. I'm not attracted to younger guys,at least for now.

• Age isn't the most important thing to me, I like mature people and being older does not mecessarily mean that you're more mature. I'm turning 24 this year and I'd consider dating a guy who was turning 22 this year.

• would you go 2-3 years younger thank you for the answer.

• i'd go 2yrs younger.

• it depends on the girl, some would some wouldn't, I'm 18 and I wouldn't date a 16 year old lol but yea we are all different! don't loose hope

• Yes it certainly would I think its kind of different dating a younger man when your in the teen years in my opinion thanks for your answer and ill try not to.

• Nope, I only date older guys

• You wouldent give him a chance? if you two had a mutual attraction he was muture and only about a 2 year difference and he was really sweet and genuinely likes/respects you? its fine if you don't as I can understand liking older partners.

• Still no! lol

• haha lol fair enough you are sticking to it!

• young guys are hot! I'm 21 and I would totally date an 18-19 year old guy

• if you were 22-23 you would date a 19 year old guy?

• For me age doesn't matter. If a man is hot, funny, great personality, tall then I'm going for it. I would be 40 and date a 19 year old lol

• Youll be the cool 50 year old grandma who dates 19 year olds :D

• Sure, if he can spell.

• ahhh lol I'm guessing I misspelled something huh..?

• Never mind. I didn't mean to sound mean.

• You dident sound mean :) lol don't worry I don't take things personally a lot no harm down!

• Depends on how old I am. Right now at 18 no way. At 25, maybe a year or two if he's mature.

• No unless I was really attracted to a guy. I get asked out a lot by younger guys because I look 18 when I am 23. It always make me feel like I am a perv because they are so young and barely legal. Maybe if I was 30 and a guy was 27, maybe. However, usually at the age of 20 - 25, it depends on the girls. Most girls I know are not really to set down and it just really depends.

• haha its good though that you means you have a conscience

• If you are really serious about wanting to date a certain girl, I would really recommend being her friend first because she will either know you are serious and will date you anyways (you are also have to realize at that age, you have friends who judge your decision and we are not that strong from their opinion) or two, keep in touch as acquaintances and he can find girls who are at your age. Later, when people are more mature, it is easier to date when you have perspective.

• ok

• I'm 16 and perfer older guys or at least guys my age but I guess I would try to date someone younger if I liked them cause to me age is just a number!

• Yeah that's understandable at 16 when your already more mature than guys your age why should you go...2-3 years younger but I appreciate your viewpoint.

• answer...i meant to say lol...no idea why I said view point..

• Thanks just thought I'd help:p

• Omg yes I would totally date a younger guy. There's some pretty good looking younger guys out there. I'm 20 soon to be 21 and I've been crushing on a guy who's 18. He's funny, cool, great personality, and OMG he's fine as hell((; I'd like to date him one day I could care less how old he is, not like he's 12 lol

• ha! I don't think society would like it if you dated a 12 year old hahaha!

• well I mean 18 surely they wouldent put you in jail lol? its legal.haha its like the day after his birthday he just turned 18 off to jail with her! or a day away lol that would suck..

• Lol omg that sure would suck.

• I'm 21 and my boyfriend s literally 6 months older then me. And that's the smallest the age gap has ever been with a boyfriend in my life. I don't like younger guys. I wanna the baby in the relationship haha.

• Back than no, I was very popular in school and I wouldn't date someone one day younger . Starting from there until 20's . But my man now , I been with him for 5 years . And he's 3 years younger , But I look really young so no biggie. But I don't know if I would do it again, Just my preference . It all depends on the guy , But I always date older. I'm in my 30's

• Considering the fact that I am 19 currently and will be turning 20 in July and my boyfriend happens to be 17 and will turn 18 in September, yes, I would date a younger guy. I have never dated an older one, in fact. That wasn't by choice; it's just how it turned out.

• When I was in college me and a bunch of other girls made friends with a group in the year below and a few of the girls started dating some of the younger guys, it wasn't awkward at all. The only thing that makes it awkward is stupid peoples skewed and sexist perceptions.

• What was the age difference in the couples if you can remember? and thanks for the answer that's reassuring.

• Yeah I am in the UK, and the girl was the older one...

• oh OK sorry lol thank you for your answer! its good to hear this viewpoint from women and not guys saying she whont like me because I'm younger.

• Never. I would never date anyone younger

• I'm 24 and seeing a guy who's 20 . I wish I was younger than him, but it didn't turn out that way.

• I never have but I might give it a chance if he was mature.

• How old are you? if you don't mind answering its fine if you dont.

• 25

• Very unlikely at my age, considering I'm 22, and that would put those boys in the very risky age of 19-20. I'm very glad I'm finally pulling out of the age group where guys are all about getting laid and avoiding relationships. I would not like to backtrack.

• Please don't generalize us yes most of us are but that's not what I'm about I don't know if its a low sex drive or not I wanna be in love and be loved more than getting all the beautiful women in the world for one night if you could see the guy wasn't like that and really wanted to get to know you would you give it a chance?

• Thanks for answering honestly and yeah it makes sense to generalize I'm sorry boys are a**holes at that age and is part of the reason most of friends have been women they can be very mean and I don't get the whole saying something mean about someone behind their back thing.This girl is in college with me so I hope there is a chance because she is a great person and I wanna show her I am to.

• I'd say go for it then

What Guys Said 0