Is it weird that I don't get dolled up for dates?

I'm 20 and when I go out with a guy, I maybe change into a nicer top and occasionally fix my makeup only if I really need to.

My sister on the other hand, does her hair and redoes her makeup. She also has to pick out a whole new outfit. She even paints her nails. My friends do this too.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm not putting enough effort into when I go out. I don't look like a slob, but I also don't go all out for a guy. I just don't think it's necessary.

Is this weird? Do other girls feel like I do about this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I certainly wouldn't consider it weird. I don't think I'd have been really interested to date your sister.

What Guys Said 2

• really I guess ts just a matter of how much you care. but if what you are doing is working, then it doesn't really matter

• Authenticity is sexy. You aren't trying too hard, yet not showing up like a bum either.

What Girls Said 4

• It makes sense to put effort into your appearance for the first date, because first impressions are everything.

You don't have to do what they are doing, but making yourself look like your well groomed is important (and tells a lot about someone).

• I don't either, hah.

• It's not weird. I like to get dolled up for dates, but so that I feel more confident rather than for the guy. Just do whatever works for you.

• Being yourself is important. Just be careful you don't take it so far you appear to not be taking care of yourself!