Could you date someone with the same name as your ex OR someone else you hate?

So lets say you meet someone and you want to date them but they also happen to have the same first name as an ex of yours or someone you don't like very much

Could you date them? or would the name keep reminding you of your ex/person you hate so you could not date them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't like that they have the same name. But I have to remind myself this is a different person and its not fair to not give them a chance because of something they have no control over.

What Girls Said 4

• Actually I have a few names off the table. I tried to date someone that had the same name as my brother, which was weird, and it was a terrible relationship. So never again will I date someone with the same name as any of my brothers. Dated several Jeremy's and they always ended badly so no Jeremy's again either. As for whether they have the name of an ex it would take two more people with that name to turn me off. I figure if you get screwed over by people with the same name three times it might be time to leave it be.

• haha there is a guy I got to know a few week ago he say he like me but he hate my name because his ex girlfriend that dump him had the same name with mine..and he say he feel uncomfortable with my name lol...and he call me by my nickname lol probably not progressing since he just hate my name lol

• When someone cute has the same name as my dad it bothers m, but I try to get over it. .

• LOL.. I don't have an ex. And I don't care about names.. a name is a name.. you can always make up a nickname for them.

What Guys Said 1

• Good question! As a rule of thumb for me if there are two girls in between its okay ie : Sally, Jane, Michelle, then a Sally is okay. I could never date someone with my Mom's or Sister's name though. I just couldn't.

• Also, if it was a horrible horrible breakup I have avoided the name.. Damn you Jackie!