Would you date a coworker?

Or do you have an 'i don't date coworkers' policy?

Why or why not?

• I would date a coworker, no problem
  • No its not worth the risk if it went wrong
  • It depends (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• C - it does depend. Certain industries or companies have policies that ensure that the parties involved aren't at an advantage or disadvantage in the work place due to the relationship - e.g. if you date your boss, s/he might be more likely to promote you blah blah blah.

For myself, I get why those policies are in place and I have no problem of it either way - if I meet the right guy, I will date him regardless of if he's a coworker or not. To me, it's almost like dating someone in the same class at university. Like yeah, you see each other all the time and at least have the same interests and same group of friends so you get the 'yes' from friends straight away (almost), but if something goes wrong then it just becomes awkward!

In all honesty, every relationship is a risk.

What Girls Said 33

• I have dated them in the past..

and I am dating one right now...

I do find it is better to not date one you work closely with tho.

• It depends on the job. Let's say I was a teacher, then yea I might date a co-worker because even though and ugly breakup could cause a lot of tension in staff meetings, the majority of my day is spent in my own classroom so I'm not seeing him all day.

If I was working at a newspaper or something where the co-worker and I have to work side by side a lot then I'd most likely have to reconsider because there would be no way to avoid him in case of a breakup.

• i put it depends.

They would have to be a big exception for me. It takes a certain someone for me to take that risk.

• At my work there are 10 people. 7 of us (myself included) are 19. Of those 7, I am the only girl. 2 have hit on me and have asked me out. I am interested in one of the other 4, but he's my weekend manager so it's not legal for us to date. So no, at this present moment I would not date a coworker.

• I wouldn't really want to..and would try to shrug the guy off but if we really just clicked then he would be one rare exception.

• Voted C.

I've always felt strongly about this and said I would NEVER ever do that.

Not once have I yet dated a co-worker. Recently I feel very tempted (but ONLY tempted) by this guy I work with so now I honestly don't know what my real reaction will be anymore should he ever ask me out.

I really don't see that happening, though. At all. So I'm pretty safe. ^____^

• id date them if I liked them. if not, I might sayyy I don't date coworkers

• At first it's a huge lust deal, but then something happens and makes it a bit weird to be around them 8 hours a day 40 days a week.

• I'm dating one right now. It's super awesome but super awkward at the exact same time.

• Im so totally dating one right now! Its nothing to it, I mean we don't make it known but I do think people suspect it now that he called me baby and we stay smiling at each other.. But I don't care cause he's mine and I'm his and we couldn't be happier :-)

• No never I feel like it would cause conflict or come in between my work and I like to keep my work at a professional level.

• B.

love Sosa

• NO COWORKER RULE FOR ME! I learned the hard way before.

However, ex coworker is maybe.

• Well sometimes you can't help these sort of things and you feel what you feel. But rationally and in general no I wouldn't go there because if it does go wrong it can really ruin your work environment or cause unnecessary drama.

• I have dated or had FWB with at least one coworker at every job I've ever had.

• If I was in a more serious job I'd have to think about it. But now, sure why not?

• i wouldn't because I wouldn't like things to go awkward.

• Nope. It could result in drama/gossip-and if we break up things could get uncomfortable

• I guess it depends on how good your chemistry is. If you have good chemistry, then go ahead. But if not, better not risk it.

• i may , it depends on the sercomstance, if me and him have been working there for a long peroid of time and I really like him then ya don't care lol ill do what I want

• I wouldn't, it would be too awkward if it went pear-shaped.

• No, because id have to see there face all the time.

• No, I've seen it go wrong too many times.

• maybe for just a f*** buddy :)

• Hell no

• why not?

• "Plus I don't even get into relationships"

why not?

• Because men are dogs

• No, I would prefer to keep my work relationships professional. But that's not to say I wouldn't welcome some harmless flirting ;)

• No, my coworkers are ass holes.

• Yes, it my rule to not date coworker because I want to keep it professional.

• I did once. Never again!

• Wouldn't do it. If it didn't work out it could cause a lot of tension at the workplace.

• More from Girls
    3

What Guys Said 21

• I'd rather not, but I could see it happening.

• No. I don't even really like dating classmates until the semester is near an end. I wouldn't really want to date a neighbor... There has to be space in relationships at times, and if you are spending all day working together, then spend a good deal of your free time together it can just stir up problems. Most people need room to live their own lives.

• "Don't dip your pen in company ink!"

• it depends on the job.

if its some deadend job, who cares.

if its something that pays really nice, then hell no

• I would date a co-worker.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it's easier to date them because I see them everyday and attraction can be highly mutual.

• I voted B. Generally not worth the risk since I have a really good job and make tons of money. Why would I put that at risk? I like to keep a good thing going.

• Nah, I wouldn't. I've already had one bad experience with asking out someone I constantly see. I don't need another haha.

• If I felt that it may effect my job I wouldn't otherwise yes I would.

• Nope.

"Don't sh*t where you eat."

• I put it depends. I wouldn't want to date someone in the same department that I work in. Could be very awkward if things didn't work out well. Plus you can't really ask how their day went because, well, you were there for it...

• I have dated coworkers before. When we were on equal footing it was fine. When I was there boss it got complicated. So now I would date someone at the same level or my boss (never tried) but I would not date someone that I am in charge of.

• I would even though its against policy. Who cares I'm working on it

• Sure, if I loved her, why would I let that stop me?

• Hell no! I did that and when the relationship went south I had to fire that crazy bitch.

• Not a good idea at all it can lead to a lot of drama and fights between the both of you or with other people iv dated a coworker before and it didn't work at all TRUST ME

• I dated 4 different coworkers of mine haha. so bad! but its so tempting because they are right there and you kinda know them and stuff

• Relationship drama at work is never a good thing

• No. Things could go terribly wrong, or at least be really awkward.

Won't do it, EVER!

• Yes I would. why? Because I date women and women are hot

• what are you like 16?

• i don't need to - the downvotes speak volumes already.

• Who cares about downvotes stop commenting on my answer weirdo. You have nothing better to do than hang around me? Go away loser

• At this point, I'm pretty done with my job, so I wouldn't let it hold me back from dating.

• I dated one but it didn't end well and then I had to see her all the time at work which was weird for both of us.