Has online dating ever worked for you?

Have you ever met someone from online dating? What are your experiences?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I had an account on okcupid.com. I met my current boyfriend on there. we've been together a year and a half now and he's awesome. we live together now and plan to get married and have kids.

What Guys Said 3

• Never tried it. I don't really see a reason to personally, but I'm sure it works out for some people. My brother does IT for these people. link Young professionals shell out thousands of dollars for that service, so they must think it's worth it. =P

• Does it work?

The reviews for it are terrible

• I have no idea. =P He has no hand in the match making stuff either. He just deals with the computers. =)

• Define "worked."

The vast majority of relationships technically don't work out unless you miraculously live happily ever after. If by working out you mean it lasted a good while before fizzling out, then yeah I've managed to go 6 months once. The distance was the deal breaker.

When you're meeting local singles online, I don't see why it would be any less successful than if you met at a party/gathering. I personally avoid online dating now because it's too easy. I need to challenge myself and seize opportunities as I seem them in flesh.

• I've met a number of people from online dating. Most were just a few dates. I met my girlfriend though online dating, and we've been together almost a year and a half.

What Girls Said 4

• I know a few people who are in a serious relationship from e harmony. One married couple from match. But it is a long shot many guys go in those sites pretending to look for a mate but really want to hook up only.

• Yes and no. I've met a lot of strange people on there, but I did meet one person who changed my life forever. On paper (or online I suppose) we were perfect. So, in theory, it should have worked. In reality though, meeting up was much much different. We were both good people with good intentions, but our personalities didn't mesh. Over the internet, we could talk about anything, but in person we were shy and it felt REALLY awkward. I'm not saying you shouldn't try... but remember to take it slow. Talking to someone online really gives you an idea of what the person's values are, what they like to do etc, but remembering to be social, hang out, and become friends first is really important. This guy and I figured since we had all these things in common and we had the same values that we were meant to be. We never formed a friendship though... and all that infatuation quickly ended and we realized we really weren't meant to be.

• I had an account on pof, for about a year and met over 20 guys of all types, very hot, ugly, short, tall, successful, slackers between the ages of about 19 and 25. Anyway, I've yet to meet one that doesn't come under one of 3 categories.

1)Desperate and needy

2)Just looking for sex (openly or they can hide it well)

3)Dodgy internet pervs who would drive you up a mountain and rape you if they had half the chance.

I'm not a slut, I don't dress like one or act suggestive either, I'm pretty and a nice person but I haven't found a decent guy on that thing. Although I've heard dating sites for young guys have a bit of a reputation for being for hookups.

Maybe it works for some people, but they're my experiences!

• Yeah I met my current boyfriend online. It hasn't been easy though, three & a half years of on and off. But he's a sweetheart.