How to deal with a felonious boyfriend?

I have been dating this guy for about a month now. It's been going really well. My friend who works at a courthouse said I should "check him out." I did a public records search and found that back when he was 21 he was found guilty of doing it with a minor between the ages of 12 to 16. I guess he just got probation. He never mentioned anything like this. Obviously I want to abort mission but it's late in the dating process to just ignore his calls. Should I confront him or just maybe lie and say I'm moving? I just want to get out of the situation as quickly and painlessly as possible

Most Helpful Guy

• Just simply say you're moving and you like someone else now, and you don't see yourself having a relationship with your guy in the near future. That's the best way to get free quickly.

If you prolong it, you'll get deeper and deeper into the relationship, and it will be harder to get out.

What Guys Said 2

• women always complain about men not wanting kids and all that and here you really got yourself someone who loves them and you want to throw that away.

• I don't know, I think you should at least ask him about it. maybe there's an explanation for it. like maybe the girl lied about her age when he had sex with her, or it could be they dated and then when they broke up the girlfriend reported him as revenge...

im just saying don't jump to conclusions about him just yet, the 'sex with a minor' means little without an explanation.

• Sex with a minor is enough explanation for me.

• The last sentence was how to get out quickly and painlessly. So I wasn't looking for advice on anything else. I think I made that clear...

• Just say you've found someone else and that you should part ways.

What Girls Said 4

• Just tel him you wwant out of the relationship. Be blunt about it and then get out.

• Tell him you snooped around, that will make him want nothing to do with you. Problem solved.

• just tell him you have just lost interest in him and wish him well. do it in public if you think it'll be weird or do it by text message if you really don't care. it's just been a month so it's not like your lives are all tangled up together.

• I'd ask for an explanation before writing him off completely. What if she was 16 and lied? What if she was his Girlfriend and turned him in for revenge?

• Didn't ask that. I'm not interested in dating him any longer

• It's only been a month. Just tell him you aren't interested anymore, why make up a stupid lie? That's just not nice, and not necessary.