Why do people get mad at me for not dating women with tattoos?

I would be friends with a woman who had tattoos, but I wouldn't date them because I wouldn't be attracted to them. I wouldn't judge a woman for having them because It's her choice, but some reason I'm not attracted to a woman when she shows them to me. I've been ridiculed, called an douche bag, & been told that women don't want you either for having a crap attitude towards women. This is MY preference, why am I ridiculed for having it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Having this preference is fine. It's probably difficult for a lot of people to understand and it seems like you take it very seriously. Most people don't always adhere strictly to their preferences, however, it's fine if you do.

It's probably just hurtful to the girls if they have been getting to know and like you.

In order to avoid this I would probably be straightforward and ask initially whether they have any tattoos or not. Keep the rejection as close to the start of the relationship as you can.

Goodluck!

-Understanding girl with a tattoo lol

What Girls Said 4

• You shouldn't be ridiculed for that as long as you're not being rude about it. I have a small script tattoo on my rib cage and although I've never had a man not like it, I wouldn't be mad if one didn't like it

• You're attracted to what you're attracted to! Having a preference isn't wrong. It isn't like you're ridiculing or judging them for having them.

• Are you sure you're not overestimating how much people actually care about your preferences? Or overlooking something mean you might have said while talking about those preferences? If you make it clear that you're not judging, there shouldn't be a problem.

• Omg I have tattoos and it shouldn't matter. Are the women who call you that, usually girls who have tattoos? If so they are sad they got denied. It's your choice. Don't let people tell you what you find hot or not. For example, I love guys with blues eyes and with a buzz cut or bald hair. We all have our preferences :)

What Guys Said 2

• Prolly cause they have tattoos and feel as if they are being judged. Tats of visible are kind of trashy and a stupid idea if you want a high paying busines job. I like tats but I would not date a chick with a tattoo that is visible in normal clothes.

• Yeah, I don't get that either. Everyone has preferences and as long as you are not rude about them, I don't see a problem. Girls get mad at me for not dating short women, but I'm just not attracted to them. People who get mad at you for having preferences have some of their own so don't listen to them.