Would you ever date a poor girl?

She has no job, but is trying to get one. Takes the bus. Lives with three people in a one bedroom apartment. She has enrolled in University and is getting her Ph.d, yet she is poor and the only money she has in Pell Grant money.

is*
the economy laid off one of my parents, and it is hard to find a job part time...a guy asked me out...how humiliating...no one has a clue, being slim, a virgin, and in my 20's is nice but does not cut the pain...would love to be on equal standing:(

Most Helpful Guy

• What would money have to do with anything? I mean you may not dress in Armani or anything (and to be honest nobody is actually impressed by expensive outfits or whatever) but do you think we actually notice anything that has to do with monetary values? I wouldn't care if a girl was rich or poor if we got off well and found her attractive. Especially if you hang out with students who honestly do not care about these things. (I should know I am one)

If you still think about the money think about it this way: when you finish your PhD you would most likely be much better off than probably 60% of the population. So think about it as a transition period and let the guy take you out.

Just don't get moody or depressed about it and things will turn out to be better:)

What Guys Said 6

• A woman's financial or employment stays has no bearing on anything for me, nor would I do anything to make her think otherwise. If she sleeps all day doing dope and feeling entitled to my stuff, that's a bit different.

• As long as she's slim, not a sl*t, and below 30.

• "...would love to be on equal standing:("

Worry about being the woman first. You want him to like you for who you truly are, not for your successful/wealthy career.

• yeah even if I was rich I would be submissive, but this feels ...:(

• Most people are poor while they are in school and some of us don't have family for support, and a Pell Grant is for people who are in these circumstances. Here is a gal trying to get through school and make some thing of herself, so I do not understand the issue. If you like some one you help them, and not judge them.

• Slim, virgin, 20s, asked out by a guy... Yeah that um... sucks I guess?

*not really*

• If she meets the other qualifications, cute, good body, and all the nonphysical.

• Yes I would. It doesn't matter to me if she's rich or poor.

What Girls Said 1

• You're a grad student

They're all poor but this is a temporary situation

• but my parent...another pretty in pink lame ass story

• sorry just sad