How to get rid of a guy who insists on going on a date with you?

I have this "friend" that keeps buging me about going out with me... Now and then he messages me asking to go on a date, but truth is I really don't want to... he's so annoying... I've been with him once, but I hated it, we have nothing in common. Problem is I feel bad for him so I always come up with an excuse. I keep on ignoring him but he still hasn't caught my signal...

Yesterday he invited me again to hang out with him. I said yes because he was insisting and insisting! but I don't want to go on that date... Should I just come up with another excuse? What is a good way to ditch him but being nice? I'm too afraid of saying the truth... And I don't want to hurt him...

Most Helpful Guy

• quit coming up with excuses or just giving into his request. Tell him outright, that "sorry I just don't like you like that. I'm sorry if you got the impression I like you but I was afraid to hurt your feelings or appear rude/mean." But the bottom line is you need to communicate to him how you feel honestly and straight forward

What Guys Said 4

• SORRY, I'm not interested & don't see you that way, but as a friend. If you continue to persist, mind you, I won't love you in return but will rather lead you on till your heart crumbles into half" this is way direct but hurting..he get the point

• Tell him you like him as a friend and nothing more, and that you value your friendship and that's why you don't want to go one a date.

• Just be direct because obviously he isn't getting the hint.

• This is why ignoring your issues never helps.

Do the proper adult thing and tell him directly that you're not interesting and that he needs to stop bothering you about it.

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly I really feel like you should just be truthful w him. I've been in this situation many times before and guys like this tend to hold out hope that you will finally get with it and go out w them. They are annoyingly persistant and just will not take a hint. I know you do not want to hurt his feelings, but if you really want him to get the picture then that is exactly what you're going to need to do. You continuing to be nice and not wanting to hurt his feelings is just not gonna do the job. Just tell him that you like him as a friend, but that is all. PERIOD. If he still doesn't listen well then he just doesn't respect you or your friendship so I say dump him as a friend. Problem solved:)