Online dating conversational material

So 99% of the time when I email a girl and I ask her open ended, getting to know you questions like what kind of music or movies do you like or what are some of your favorite places to travel to, I always get boring and useless responses back like all kinds or all over. Can someone please shed some light as to why it seems like a fate worse than death to give specifics so I can see if we have anything in common that would be conducive to an in depth 2 way conversation? Thank you in advance for any feedback!

• Change your topics of conversation.
  • Youre not the problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep going with the boring stuff. It takes more than one message

• Why are those topics boring?

What Girls Said 5

• Oh I'm sorry if you were to ask me that we wouldn't end that conversation. Cause I honestly love movies so I could go over my favorites for long. And music I am huge on Indie Rock. I listen to probably over 100 bands. So your not the problem. But I don't do online dating so I can't give specifics.

• Online dating is a difficult and scary world. We've been taught to be careful of pedos and axe murdurers online and it's made people a little afraid of giving out personal specifics, also, for some reason, even though its common, meeting online is still looked down on. Some people see it as a desperate act. I'd recommend, giving this person time, if they feel the connection, or are even just curious, they'll come around :)

• Ask would they like to play 20 questions, you each take a turn to ask each other a question. You just need to set some ground rules so the questions don't become offensive or overly personal. It is a great ice breaker if you keep it light hearted.

• They sound like boring girls then, haha!

• talk about different hair styles and preferences.

What Guys Said 3

• You might have realized that girls' lives are pretty dull and boring actually. Besides, the attention spam they can give online (with all the distraction from the unseeked validation on their FB profiles) is 10 times less than in a real conversation.

There are degrees of communication efficiency depending on the way used. The more face to face, the more efficient the communication is. As a result, the worst way two people can communicate with each other is text/email. Why? Because communication is much more than just words (emoticons help, but they're not enough). People are not just a plain description of interests/work/hobbies, we are that plus the "experience" of the interpersonal relation. In other words, the perception other people get from interacting face to face with you is the foundation for their decision whether they want to take things further to the next level.

A deep connection is built face to face, not through emails.

• Those are decent questions. I would ideally ask them something related to what you would think would interest them based on their profile. I'm not really sure how this works though. I'm guessing your asking them questions as ice breakers. I'd just say try asking them a few questions. If they don't respond with much I'd assume they aren't interested and are just being polite, they aren't great at conversation or they are nervous about how to respond.

• It's because so many men send the same question. It's hardly your fault as you have no foothold from with which to start. That's the reason why your response rate is as such. OKCupid done some report in which they analysed those who were most likely to get a response and those who did not. The results where something along the lines that the least attractive women got a similar if not higher amount of messages than males viewed as attractive. If you were constantly asked the same questions how likely would you be able to respond with enthusiasm the sixtieth, hundredth time.

If anything put a bit of yourself in there if you're humorous use that, In essence your message must make them want to message you back otherwise they feel that they will lose out.