What is your least favorite text habit?

What annoys you most when you're texting boyfriends or girlfriends, friends, loved ones?

Do people you know have text habits that you hate?

How do you deal with the annoyances?

• Abbreviations
  • Delayed responses
  • Extremely long responses
  • Extremely short responses
  • Other (Explain?)
I think "never ending the conversation" has become my least favorite lately. No goodnight or goodbye, I just get no more responses. I have one friend who does this to me every single time we text each other, I'm so tired of it after 50,000 times, haha!

Most Helpful Guy

• w3n people tlk leik dis. cuhz you kno we bee and da gettoh and xi3t.

I feel like I lose IQ points whenever someone sends me a text like this.

What Guys Said 13

• Least favorite habit others have is contacting me because they're bored. I hate it. I'm not here to entertain you. Just because you're sitting around doing nothing doesn't mean I am. If you want to have a conversation then stop being lazy. Pick up the phone and call me or just show up randomly for all it matters. Texting is for quick and concise information. Where and when.

Even here on Gag, the chating client, I hate it. Random people just saying 'hello' and then hoping I carry on a conversation with them about sh*t like the weather. F***off. What is wrong with people. I don't know you and you don't know me. Let's leave it at that.

p.s. sorry. that's my flame for the year. Tune in for the next in 2014. haha

• Hey, how's the weather? :-P haha!

I kid, I kid - I know exactly what you mean.

• Delayed responses. I hate it so much, mostly when I know they've seen my text but just can't be bothered to reply. A girl has done it to me to try and play hard to get, and a guy friend of mine does it all the time because he's lazy haha. And it's annoying when I'm actually trying to ask him a question, for example, like maybe about school, and he won't reply, and then he'll later ask me for help for himself. So yeah ha ha it gets really annoying.

• I hate the word "K". Girls do it a lot, I don't know why. Sometimes I guess their done talking. But its a conversation killer for sure and kinda rude.There's lots of things you could say in its place.

• The never ending connversation that has varied times. Like a 2 minute response pause then an hour long pause

• Typing with alternating between upper and lower case or just liek dis bb.

• Whenever intent and it takes forever for a reply

• Other. I'm more annoyed at girls that only reply, an don't start a conversation or speak their mind.

• i knw sum1 that text lyk dis, it's f*cking annoying.

• Playing hard to get when texting girls I like : )

• Abbreviations/Text shorthand. What really ticks me off is how people (and while I'm not trying to be sexist, it's almost entirely women, I might add) is how this isn't limited to just texting. Oh no. It's bleeding out onto the internet as well. Nope. Not just phones, but these people carry it over to everything electronic as well.

Worse yet, they use little to no punctuation, and fill their conversations with typos as well, and somehow wonder why people can't understand them, don't read them, or think they're idiots. Throw some fucking terrible grammar or "lolspeek" into the mix and their side of the conversation is completely unintelligible.

Then, people (especially women at this point) will tell you that they don't see the problem, and refuse to type out an entire word, all because it's faster and shorter. In it's simplicity, it's stupidity and laziness, paired with complete stubbornness to change anything, saying it's apparently it's all my (and anyone else like me) fault that the message doesn't get through.

Delayed responses are annoying because they break the flow, but at least the message gets through, especially if I can read the old messages to see where we left off. Long messages are annoying, but so long as they're spelled properly and have at least some degree of punctuation, and aren't written in "Wall Of Text" form, I can at least sort through it. Short responses are annoying but I can still read through them OK.

Nope, it's pretty much all something I can deal with, but this abbreviation BS has pretty got to go, or at bare minimum, limited STRICTLY to phone text messaging, and ONLY phone text messaging. Not Twitter, not forums, not Facebook, not IM programs, not email, not girlsaskguys. Nothing but phone to phone text messaging.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF SWEET FUCK... KNOCK IT... THE FUCK... OFF!

• A lot of women out there spell "cool"..."kool"...or "school"..."skool"...like a kindergartner would spell it then call it a short hand. Well its one letter! Lol

• hahahaha

• Oh Jetson, I have issues with your typing skills, too. You're one of the few males on this site who types like a 12 year old pocket miner, texting with one hand, and no concept of the difference between "there" and "their" and other such words, with similar sounds to one another. You also, very rarely, use any punctuation. You're exactly the kind of crap I bitch about.

• least favorite text habit - texting.

• Delayed responses and really short responses

• I hate when I don't have time to even read the text someone sent and they send me another one. My phone is extra homo and has a heart attack when I try to send one while receiving one.

What Girls Said 13

• I dislike conversation killers, like: lol, k, cool, basically those sh*tty one-worded answers that weren't necessary the conversation could have died but itself but no the "lol" killed it. And I can't exactly say I don't like it because sometimes I do this myself but, delayed responses are annoying, especially if they texted you and you replied right away and they don't respond until a few hours later, like did they throw away their phone right after texting? Makes no sense.

• YES! I have a friend who texts me, then I'll respond and it'll take another hour or two for him to respond, haha! If you're busy, don't text me starting what seems like a conversation! Hahaha!

• I can't stand the short texts lol. Its hard enough to tell emotion in a text but when you only put 1-2 words and a period it makes me think I'm bothering you haha.

• None of those, really. Mostly it's unreadable chatspeak that isn't even convenient. And when people decide to start flirting over text. Flirting over text is fine but it's cowardice to start it there.

But of those options, extremely short answers bug me the most because I can't get anything out of them.

Abbreviations don't really bug me because of time reasons. Delayed responses don't either because people have lives. Long responses are at least easy to respond to.

• I hate short responses. I won't even text someone if all they ever say is "k", "yeah", and "lol".

• extremely short responses. if I text you something meaningful and all I get is "k" or "ok" or "lol" or "yea" that's not ok.

• When people only respond with "K". It's like WTF was the point of that text?

• I freaking hate it when people text back "k."

K? K what? The letter before L, the letter after J? Did you know that in JK the K stands for "kidding?" Or K as in potassium? Do you need some special K in breakfast? K as in I can K/O you? Can I knock you out and feed you to hungry sharks? Sharks has K in it.

• On the rare occasion I say it, I type out "Kay" in full, and generally it's me just acknowledging someone, or being completely passive-aggressive.

• LOL. Ya I know what you mean. K is often just acknowledging someone. But still, I try to write oh OK instead so people don't think I'm being prissy.

@ temptationfalls .. ha u're right K could be many different things. lol.

• can I please choose all of the above? hahah... I reallyy hate them all so much

every one of those +it's difficult to read tone of voice, is why I usually call people

• PeOpLe WhO tYpE lIkE tHiS and people who write short repsonses when you've written them a really long one.

• The upper and lower case thing - I didn't even realize that was a "thing", haha! No one's ever texted me like that, I must be lucky :-P haha!

• Delayed responses.

• I hate delayed responses and extremely short ones too. A toss up between the two for me.

• Delayed responses...keeps me wondering if they get my text messages or what?

• What I hate is a late reply if I want something from the person, or if we're in the middle of a conversation, and ooops! They answer an hour or so later -.- ... Or if they start the conversation and I reply with no longer than 5 minutes after, but then they choose to answer again an hour or so later... I don't get it?

And like the others have talked about, I hate all the texts where they don't spell the whole word or won't bother to write it the correct way! I mean, seriously! We're talking about seconds! It doesn't take that long to write a proper message.

• Sending multiple short texts when you could have just sent one long one. Saying more things when I'm trying to freakin' reply.

The other one is just being boring in general. Putting no effort into the conversation because apparently I'm the one who's supposed to keep it entertaining?

I was around a girl friend while she was texting her crush, and she was really nervous about everything she said, so I kept trying to help by suggesting funny, interesting things. She instead went with stuff like, "lol yeah" and then was upset when he stopped talking. I seriously don't get it.