Could an ugly girl date a handsome guy?

Well hi! Since I'm not that attractive, and to be honest I'm way less "pretty or sexy" than most of girls. I was wondering, could really a guy be intersted in ME? I mean, it's obvious, people are nicer when you're beautiful. Or am I gonna die alone and be left there with cats rolling all around eating my flesh.(OKLOL)! But really, do you know a couple like (the beauty and the beast) or maybe a hot guy in love with someone not specifically hot? Need answers!

Most Helpful Guy

• It can happen, but its less common then the opposite.

Looks matter a lot to guys, and things like being smart, funny, successful etc can't make up for it. A good personality matters, but doesn't make up for it - its just a -second- factor guys look for in a relationship on top of looks. Having a really compatible sex drive does actually boost how attractive you seem, but only by so much.

Also note that different guys have different 'types'. A girl that many guys might think is a 6 might be like an 8 to me, because she's my 'type'. If she's sexually compatible with me in every way as well, I'd find her really quite hot, even though most guys would consider her average.

You say you're 'not that attractive'. What does that mean? Guys care about looks, but they also, in general, find women more attractive then women seem to find men. Women seem to find only a small number of men very attractive based on looks alone, wheras men find a lot of women fairly attractive based on looks alone.

Especially as you get older, if you have a pretty good body (not perfect, but you take good care of it), dress well, have a good hair cut and wear tasteful makeup, you're likely to be above average looking. Remember the average American woman is a size 16. Its pretty easy to do better then that. Butterfaces do not die alone with their cats.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes you are going to die alone. Because you clearly don't have a shred of confidence or self esteem, and so no guy will ever find you attractive. Even if by some miracle you did land him he would eventually dump you after he realized what a needy emotional wreck you are. Or, he will take you for granted and treat you like crap and you will let him because in your mind you will not be good enough for him and lucky to have him. As a result, you will be miserable.

Unless you can learn to love yourself, use what you got, and put yourself out there and take chances, you will never have a meaningful relationship with anyone. Will you get rejected, yep, everyone does, no matter how pretty they are. But if you never try, you have no chance at all.

• You are amazing!thank you, really.

I'll try to boost my self confidence, eventho, at the moment, I don't have any. I just try to be honest with my self you know, and give away illusions. But I'm not screaming out loud that I'm ugly either, I'm fine with that fact, really okey, I get used to it :D. But thank youuuuuu!

• They certainly can! In fact, I know multiple. And it's normal, so many ugly guys date really handsome girls, so everything is possible.

• "...to be honest I'm way less "pretty or sexy" than most of girls"

That's just your opinion. Maybe a handsome guy would find you absolutely breathtaking. In the past I've had big crushes on girls that other guys thought were nothing special.

• Take a page from the Chris Rock bit about how "fat black women" know they're sexy, so they get what they want. It's about confidence. For a boost of that, post a pic and find out how many dudes start leg humping. You might be surprised. :-)

• Hahahahahahahhahaha! Agree, I'll really try friend.

• i think you have a view of yourself that many men don't or wornt necessarily share... basically.. self esteem issues.. just becasue you don't match certain criteria doesn't mean there isn't some handsome guy out there taht wouldn't find you desirable... be funny , be happy, enrich your personality and you will actually attract a guy that is looking for the right stuff.

• It happens but it's more hot women with lesser looking guys.

It RARELY happens the other way round.

• First thing I would say is NOT to carry that internal image of yourself around with you in your head. If you don't value yourself then it will be very difficult to find someone who will. You will emulate that "I think I'm ugly." and it will be far less attractive than you "think" you may be. You have to love yourself first and be totally comfortable before you can achieve what you are asking here.

As for the possibility? Yes it is certainly possible. I see it all the time on both sides. I see super hot girls with absolute potato heads and I can't believe it. I used to think when I was younger that it had to be something like money that was the edge, but as I've grown up I realized that has nothing to do with it. It is simply confidence, self worth, personality, and being able to make an emotional connection with them.

• My friend, who I think is an attractive guy (no homo), is dating a girl I think is hideous. I don't get it and I don't mention it but they seem to be in a happy relationship that has lasted over a year. Unfortunately guys that like less attractive women solely for their personality is scarce, and that is just the hard truth. Don't give up.

• well girls bully ugly guys like me so its mutual .

• Its all about attitude sweety. Nothing else. I can explain more if you like. Let me know.

• SURE :D

• Body language can follow you attitude. So if your feeling sexy, you are sexy. You have to set your mind to it. Don't sweat the small stuff. But if your not feeling it, it won't be pulled to to you. Its works like a magnet. You can be a guy magnet it you wanted to. You gotta loosen up and feel hot. Cause:) you are hot!

• It can happen, some guys are for example chubby chasers etc.

What you need to do is make the best of what you've got. Any girl who isn't obese or deformed can be decent looking with the right haircut, style, some exercise etc.

Few tips:

- don't have short hair (that's something that turns most guys off)

- wear clothes that fit your body type

- find a type of exercise (and diet if you need to) that you'll actually stick to. Nothing drastic or boring, something reasonable that you'll actually enjoy. Many people set tough regimes that they can't stick to in the long run. If you're a night owl, you're not gonna manage to go jogging early in the morning as a permanent lifestyle. If you're too busy or tired, exercising for two hours a day won't last. But incorporating a little bit of fun fitness into your week won't be too much of a chore.

- fix what you can, get an expert's advice on your haircut, skin, makeup, whatever.

- don't see yourself as ugly. We project what we think about ourselves and no one wants to be with someone who has an "poor me/ugly me" vibe. You're interesting and unique. Focus on what's good about yourself.

- be friendly and approachable

- feel good in your skin. That is sexy.

• It can happen, but you'd be better off widening your chances - try to date guys who are not conventionally handsome.

• Youre right, who am I kidding anyway. Thank you :D

What Girls Said 2

• Hey, I did it, so you can do it too. My boyfriend is very attractive and I...well, I look like I'm 12. So there goes all the attraction out the window. Just work on that personality of yours.

• If you look like 12, so you're definetely cute :D

Good luck with your boyfriend, you're beautiful, don't say that.xo.

• I've seen some very attractive men with less than attractive women - but of course, that was just my opinion. Beauty is subjective.

And no, you're not destined to be alone, as long as you're trying. Go for who you want, don't limit yourself because you think you're not good enough. Just be :-)