How often to text a girl?

I am in high school and so is she. We have known each other since about late August, but didn't really talk a good amount until a few months ago. She recently gave me her number without me having to ask. (She was checking out my phone and just added her number after taking some pictures of herself with my camera) and we texted for a few hours yesterday evening. I don't want to annoy her so how often should I call/text her?

Most Helpful Girl

• that is a very good question and a difficult thing to answer. you should play it by ear and judge it by how often she contacts you first, how quickly she responds to your texts, and how much she seems into it. because she gave you her number first it is pretty safe for you to text her a decent amount I think she wants you to. you can text as often as you like for the most part, but when the conversation stops and she stops replying leave her alone for a while. she will most likely start texting you again a few hours later, or the next day, or a few days later. Try to put space between your conversations so she starts texting you first an equal amount that you text her first. since you are just started to talk to her over text and phone, test the water a little and don't jump in too quickly.

Phone conversations can be way, way more fun than texting because you get to hear the other persons voice and you can talk about more complex and in depth subjects, and you can get more ideas across. however you must know the person relatively well and be a good conversationalist or there will be awkward pauses. you should try to call her on the phone sometime but wait until you have been comfortably texting her for at least a month then you will be able to have a good conversation with out being nervous.

What Girls Said 1

• as often as you want just make it good conversation.

What Guys Said 1

• just reply after a little bit, whatever she texts. don't text her random stuff, just normal conversations. Don't write too much...just about the same amount as she writes. Don't keep sending texts if she didn't reply back to your last text.