Never actually dated

Okay people of the interwebs I need advice, and I need it bad. First off I have never gone on an actual date with a girl (crazy right? Never saw a reason until now) I think she may actually like me and I don't want to mess this up, so give me some rules or guidelines of what the heck I should do.

if you really want see the girl her name is steph dutton

Most Helpful Girl

• That's so sweet! Be honest with her and tell her that you've never been on a date with anyone besides her! She'll feel so flattered, you'll win her heart instantly; you nearly won my heart and it wasn't even about me. lol. Good luck and remember to just have fun! (:

• NO , don't do that , she'll start to wonder if something is wrong with you . Don't belive that . Just like girls say they don't care about looks when all they care about is looks and money

• I agree, I wouldn't say it's your first date just because you don't know how she'll take it. But if there was an awkward silence or something that prompted a guy to tell me he was nervous, I'd think it was cute.

What Girls Said 5

• once I read "people of the interwebs" I knew I was answering this question! and I would love to follow up on you and this lady of yours, and continue to give you my avice and stuff! so I sent you a frend request.

-first, I think its important to keep good hygiene! I can't tell you how many guys I've avoided just beacsue of their breath...

-second, kind of let her know you like her. don't come right out with itunless you are sure she likes you too, because she may without thinking about it put you on the back burner for later. just show intrest through flirting(flirting doesn't always mean being suggestive) and compliments

-third, be calm. be yourself. if you try too hard, you might come off creepy or just not like yourself. and you want her to know the real you

• Have you asked her out yet? If not, this is the first step :P

On your date, be polite and a gentleman. Open doors for her, pull out her chair, do not swear, do not be rude, etc. Also, don't be too touchy touchy and do not feel pressured to kiss her. My boyfriend didn't kiss me on our first date and I actually liked that he didn't do that. Instead, he opted for hug :)

Also, remember to pay no matter what. Even if she offers, do not let her pay!

• That's not universally true about the paying thing! Some women are very serious when it comes to "no means no".

link

• What if being yourself is swearing? It is just part of my vocab

• Nope, do not swear at all. Even if it is part of your vocabulary, you need to control it. Swearing is a huge turn off for the majority of women. My boyfriend accidentally let the f word slip on our first date, under his breath. I wasn't too happy about that but he apologized and I gave him a second chance lol

Just try to keep it under control the best you can :)

• ask her out, open doors, don't be a jerk, don't listen to the oh leave it a few days before getting in touch, but leave at least half an hour for a 'had a good night, hope you did to blah blah blah' and a day for a proper text, just be yourself! :) Girls secretly just like to be treated like ladies, but don't change yourself, just act. cool. dude.

Goodluck!

• Be honest with her, and yourself. Honesty is good especially on the first date. Find out stuff she likes and you like and take her out. But from my experience you should plan it out instead telling her "we'll do whatever you want".

• just give it some time and take things slow.

What Guys Said 2

• It's not THAT crazy...

I've always been too focused on other things (still kind of am, though I am trying to dedicate myself a little to finding love now) and haven't been on a date yet. I started an OkCupid profile, though.

I asked a female friend to give me advice and she pointed me to three links (the third I mentioned as a comment to another answer):

link

link

As for the date itself, I do have some secondhand information which might help...

If it's a blind-date don't do movies or things where you are forced to shut-up and focus your attentions on something besides each other. Also, don't turn the date into 20 questions; just focus on having fun with her.

• Oh my dear God, please for the love of Christ, do not try to impress her. Just act genuinely interested in her. Something you wanna know about her? Just ask. If she says something interesting, expand on that. Just let the conversation flow. The only time it's appropriate to impress a girl is if you're a male stripper and you gotta make ends meet to pay the mortgage, make that child support support payment on time, and put gas in your car by dancing your naked ass off in front of a bunch of horny, middle-aged women to get her to tip you good.

Show her you're not a flake like the rest of the guys she's more than likely to encounter for the rest of her life by taking the time to get to know her. Show her that you're interested in her for more than just one date. Don't try to play it smooth. Girls pick up on that sh!t real quick. Good luck!