He called me his girlfriend after 4 dates. Too soon?

I've been seeing this guy since December and we have only managed to meet up 4 times until now. Yesterday we went out for a movie and he said if I wanted to go meet his father this weekend. I asked Why and he said his dad told him to bring his girlfriend. I said I didn't mind but then he was like "Oh its only if you want to go".

It feels too soon for me, and it feels weird because I don't feel I know him very well. He is nice to me and he gets me gifts and he always pays whenever we go out. The weird thing is he does not text me as much as he used to. He used to text me every 2-3 days for hours now he does not text me for as long as a week. Even then the text conversation is only 20 minutes max. I thought it is because he dislikes texting but then I saw snippets of his iPhone and he texts other people (some are girls, too) more than me, which really confuses the hell out of me.

I am really confused. I feel like I should reject him because something does not feel right :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. You already know what to do.

What Guys Said 1

• lmfao, confusion does suck, you need to tell him that its too soon to be calling you girlfriend an you feel he hasn't acted the way a boyfriend should feel.

What Girls Said 1

• If it doesn't feel right, it might not be right. You don't have to move any faster in a relationship than you want to. If he cares about you, he'll understand that.

Also, if the relationship isn't going where you want it to go, address the problem. Give him a chance to explain himself, or correct the problem. Spying on him won't make you feel better, or make you the better person. Just trust your instincts and keep it classy. Even if it ends you'll feel better about it because you didn't behave outrageously.