How do I gently let down guy who won't stop texting me?

I don't like to ignore. He texts me first every day and at first I was interested but then discovered I don't like his matter-of-fact speech. Anyway, Monday we were texting and the convo got boring. Last q he asked was in response to me saying my dad would murder me if I got a tattoo (the guy has a lot of them). He said "Why would you dad murder you?" and I didn't reply. Last night he texted me 'You never answered me'. It's kind of like get the hint?

Most Helpful Guy

• too much excitement is bad and he is one excited and crazy guy who would write nething that come in his mind...just ignore him and he will stop after getting exhausted

What Guys Said 2

• i have been in the situation the guy has been in before, wait till the girl responds first until you send another message

• lol about the matter-of-fact speech...

This is why I don't get why people like texting.

You could tell him that you risk going over your texting limit, or that all the back-and-forth text messages are starting to get kinda expensive.

If he does really like you (and isn't just trying to waste your time for the heck of it), this won't stop him from trying something else...but it should at least put an end to the annoying texts.

I actually pay 25 cent per text with my plan, and would get pissed off if someone messaged me with something stupid like "Why would you dad murder you?" just to keep a pointless convo going. I usually tell people not to text me unless it's an emergency, exactly for this reason.

What Girls Said 2

• Not answering once isn't a hint, it could be that you're busy or didn't see the message yet. I suggest you answer less and less. Or you tell him. Or tell him you're not a very texty person and you don't really like texting so much.

• you could tell him you have a boyfriend, whether you do nor not, start talking about how you went out with this guy of a boyfriend and he should get the message.