Girls: Would you date a guy who has a lower level of education than you?

I have a Bachelors Degree so I did go to university. But if you have a Masters Degree or a PhD would you date a guy who only has a Bachelors Degree? I would have no problem dating a girl who has a higher level of education but I would like to know if there would be a problem if it's the other way round.

0|0
9|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that depends. There have been studies done about this actually, that are very interesting, and show that relationships that are "educationally unbalanced" are usually not successful, because one person feels superior, or the other feels like they are not as good. This really applies to relationships where one person has gone to college, and the other hasn't, and usually is worse if the woman went to college and the guy didn't.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem IF they had gone to college. Otherwise I think that there might be some internal issues between us, and I only say that from experience.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't have a problem with it if they had some intelligence and weren't as dumb as a doorknob. I like men smart, but they don't need a Masters or a PhD to prove that. Also, if I was sure they would be able to cope with a smart, confident woman. Some men can't deal with their partners being more successful, so if that was the case I wouldn't date him.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be a problem if he only has like a high school diploma or no high school at all. I plan on just getting a bachelors so anything above or below would be acceptable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, indeed. I think any girl who says no is being overly picky and chances are they're no catch themselves

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I only have a high school diploma. So, if the guy didn't have his high school diploma too, then no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm in college getting my bachelors degree too. My boyfriend barely finished high school (not really because he found it hard, but because he hated it). Also I think that the odds of him getting back to school are tiny (as he is 32 with a stable job).

So.. I don't care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't bother me.

Especially if he already had a degree, that shows he's got some smarts!

I'm studying for two Bachelors at the moment.. My last boyfriend barely scraped his GCSEs - there's different kinds of intellegence's.

It didn't bother me, but I think it bothered him a fair amount.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I've done it most of my dating life... Most guys where I'm from go to trade school and I have a Bachelors. Education doesn't equal intelligence. I haven't had a problem with guys thinking I'm snobby or anything, either, though I almost exclusively date guys with a higher intelligence level because our conversations and values tend to match up better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I couldn't date someone who never went to college. I am pursuing my Masters right now.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.