GUYS: Texting a girl while you're chilling with your bros?

This guy & I have been texting for the past five months. Last night, I asked him if he was doing anything fun, since he had to work today. He said he was "hanging with the buds" Then I said: "Ohho, I'll quit bugging you then! Have fun Crazy Man! LOL" about a minute later he replied: "Crazy Man? lol"

I waited two hours to text him back, just to give him a break or whatever...after I sent the text, he responded within three minutes! Then I waited 5 and he responded within 3 again! Sure they weren't super long responses, but I found it kinda odd (and pretty cool) that he'd respond, even when he was chillin' with his buds.

Is this a good thing...or more like a "eh some guys are nice like that" thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Though I think you've asked already, yes this is good because you're on his mind.

• dang you got me! lol shhh! :)

What Guys Said 4

• It simply means he has the courtesy to respond in a timely matter as well as the brain to not play dumb games by purposely manipulating the circumstances of the conversation (intentionally waiting to reply).

I'm not trying to criticize you. I'm guilty of similar things, but I simply due so because its the game I'm forced to play. I always text people back right away but for some reason apparently every dating coach of the modern era says this makes a guy look desperate so you should act like you don't care, and randomly wait an hour or two to reply.

Point is, he doesn't seem to know about that or care. I wouldn't read to much into this. Especially because most guys are not really big into texting so extrapolating personality traits over their texting habits isn't going to give you accurate results. I will say this, your ability to respect his time with his friends is a huge plus. Not that all guys seek to just blow off their girl to hang with the guys or don't want to hear from her when they're with them, but the sheer fact that you can go a few hours without texting and not be upset about it is something becoming very rare in the female population these days.

• I do the same exact thing. I think it means he wants to continue texting and doesn't want you to dismiss him unless you have stuff you need to do.

When a guy says that, yeah he's probably "chilling with the bros", but he maybe a little bit bored or just not much going on even though he is with his friends. He probably likes you a lot and just enjoys talking to you.

• you have to understand that "chilling with buds" does not mean all our attention is there... It ussualy means we're watching the game, or someone's telling a story or playing poker or w.e else other guys do, blazing, getting drunk, w.e... Regardless in between guys we know that one of us is still "chilling with us" despite texting or wanting to talk to a girl at the same time... So firstly, yes he likes you if he didn't he wouldn't have responded to start with, and 2ndly stop the "i don't wanna bother you bullsh*t", cause if he likes you he clearly wants to talk to you despite hanging out with other guys so you saying that you'll talk to him later and/or especially ignoring his message for 2 hours is a put-off. GL

• I agree ^^ although it is polite to let somebody go if theyre busy...but don't let them go if they don't want to be let go of and still want to talk! Just because he's with the bros, doesn't make him busy.

• To be honest, he didn't mind talking to you, if he did he would have said that he had to go. That's what I've dobe in that situation as well as the other person that I was conversing with.

In future, suggest that you'll stop bothering them or something to that effect, ie are you busy? (this acknowledges that they may have other things to do) if they say that they're fine, then you don't have to worry so much

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys ARE nice like that, but usually the ones who are interested. Someone's been like that with me for three months now and it seems that he's really interested, though he does have a lot of friends, etc. to take up his time and attention, he is always considerate enough to let me know what he's doing, to send a funny message, to call and tell me a story about his day and listen to mine... It's a rare thing, so just enjoy it.

• Hey - your friend calls you! That's an even bigger plus! lol

• Kudos to you for appreciating that. Some girls out there consider this "clingy" behavior, which is why some guys play games and act like their busy and don't text back.

• Oh, he does that a little too, so he doesn't look like he's desperate or anything. It's a funny sort of thing.