Which do you prefer when dating? text or talk

Title is self explanatory.. I tend to date much older guys and they complain that I text too much and I guess they would prefer talking. I think our generation is more text savvy than the older generation.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 25 and I find texting as means to communicate before communicating... If that makes sense. It is to set up future things such as dates and meetings but is completely and utterly soul-less in terms of engaging one another in conversation. Not to say never text one another, it can enhance a relationship. To be able to tell someone anything at any time and to use it romantically can be truly beautiful. But the key word here is 'prefer'... and I'd always prefer a face to face contact, even to talk about the bad aspects of the relationship. why? because it show respect for the other person and a true honest connection...

What Guys Said 3

• i'm not really huge on either I'd prefer more in person time than on the phone or texting

• It is not a matter of your generation being more text savvy. Rather, it is a matter of your generation being LESS talk savvy.

Especially if you're talking relationships, they're largely about trust. A text is not something you can build trust with. Texting someone lots of "love you"s and "good night"s and "oh I'm just chillin at home watching a movie" when you're actually hanging out with various friends many of which are guys - that is not building trust.

Part of the same generation as you, btw.

• You are right but you don't necessarily have to lie through texts. I'm 27 and I was talking to my ex who is 41 and he was sayin how that was an issue for him. But I told him with texting you can do multiple things. He said text has no feelings

• Text for most people is gonna kill the dating relationship. Not enough emotion, even with emoticons and such.

What Girls Said 2

• Omfg. This is EXACTLY how technology is ruining the world.

People prefer text/internet and have absolutely no self confidence or social skill in real life.

• I like both talking and texing. Most of all I like to talk to my hunny before I go to sleep for the night.