Extremely mixed signs, what to do?

So this girl who I wanted to date has been giving me a lot of mixed signs. Like she would return my texts after hours, days. This time time I texted her hey how's going? she didn't reply until a week later, briefly complained about how she doesn't know anybody in class and stuff. my friend said her text sounded like she's been erasing and retyping her text for a while just to come up with a good way to text me, but I don't really see it. I ignored her because I was really busy at the moment but also wanted to play cool. an hour later that I didn't reply, she texted again suggesting that we should still do the dinner sometimes (she rainchecked a previous date, said yes at first but rainchecked it). So I told her I could do it next weekend, which is this week, she then told me the days she's available this week and stuff.

Anyway, this morning I texted her for something work related that's pretty important, she replied almost right away, then I kinda went hey are you still down for the dinner this weekend, and kinda gave her a date that's most convenient for me ,haven't heard from her.

So here's my thinking...

if she's interested,

she wouldn't take days and weeks to reply my text

she wouldn't reply me something important right away yet ignore me for dinner dates.

but if she's not interested,

why would she return my text at all?

why would she suggest a dinner when I don't reply to her?

and why does she sound somewhat excited when she text me back, instead of a simple "ok" or "Yes" ? there are a lot of emojis and exclamation marks.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. she wouldn't take days and weeks to reply my text - That is right if she was interested she would reply much faster at least with in 2 hours or even one day.

2. she wouldn't reply me something important right away yet ignore me for dinner dates. - Work is work, dinner is a date she don't want dinner date dude sorry ;(

3. why would she return my text at all?- Everyone is polite even with people they are not interested in.

4. why would she suggest a dinner when I don't reply to her?- She wants you to keep chasing and keep you on her depth chart, she probably dating multiple guys.

5. and why does she sound somewhat excited when she text me back, instead of a simple "ok" or "Yes" ? there are a lot of emojis and exclamation marks. - check answer#2

Your better off cutting your loses before you vest to much time in to her, she playing games IMO.

• I agree with you for the most part, but I don't think she's dating multiple guys. usually she just sits in a corner by herself not talking to anyone, and AFAIK, I'm the only guy she talks to.I mean she's got guy friends, but usually they approach to her instead of the other way around. She wasn't even my type in the beginning, she approached to me and got my attention, that's when I fell. she is shy by the way, but I think her ignoring me is beyond being shy. thanks for the reply btw.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Playing hard to get aka silly mind games. Time to turn the tables on her & chase a better girl