Do people still date with herpes?

My doctor said that she was 99% positive that I was infected with this virus. My results should come back soon. Should I stop dating all together? The guy I was recently dating this month broke it off because of this. I'm only 18 years old and the decision I made to start having sex a five months ago ruined my life. Do people still date with this disease, is rejection common? What if I become abstinent?

Most Helpful Guy

• Disclaimer: GirlsAskGuys cannot guarantee the accuracy of answers, opinions and advice submitted by members. Use common sense when following or avoiding any content on GirlsAskGuys.

What Guys Said 1

• They do. They just manage their condition with products like Zovirax, and be sure to tell their partners so that appropriate measures can be taken.

What Girls Said 2

• People with herpes still date. There are medicines you can take to manage your outbreaks and prevent it from spreading.

• I think they do. Just take your meds to control your outbreaks and be sure to tell your partners and use protection.