To the girls who don't date younger guys......

And by this I don't mean because of maturity, income, seriousness when it comes to the relationship, experience, w.e other issues; I mean purely preference because dating a younger guy "would be wrong" since apparently girls are only supposed to date older guy. If you knew that you meant the world to a guy, he told you that you're absolutely the perfect girl for him, and he'd literally do anything for you, maybe even go as far as saying you found him somewhat attractive and had some sort of feelings for him too, Would you give him a chance to see if you could feel differently or just say "piss on his feelings, I don't date younger guys, tough life" and go about your own way? Say the age gap was 5-8 years..

Most Helpful Girl

• well I'm 26 and I haven't dated anyone younger nor do I plan on doing this, I supoose its because how I was raised and because no one else in my family is like that, but if somehow a younger guy was to fall in love with me, I'd give it a chance. For one to see if it really can work out with a younger guy and two, because if its as you described it, I wouldn't want to cause someone that much pain and take away their hope only because of a trend happening in my family, since I too have been in that stage where you love someone and would do anything for an opportunity to have something with them, but it can't happen based on the other person's thinking being really blunt. Plus I think a

And lets face it, I've given other guys chances that shouldn't have had them, so dating a younger guy wouldn't kill me. Hope it works out for you.

What Girls Said 10

• If you had asked me a few years ago if I'd ever date a younger guy I'd have said HECK NO! But life happens, and I fell head over heels for a really amazing guy...who is 4 years younger than me. At first I'm not going to lie, it bothered me. It felt taboo and my friends criticized me and stuff but then I was like you know what, if the only thing that is bothering me is his age then that's just stupid. That's no reason for not being with someone I truly care about. We're both in our twenties and he's so mature I can't sense the age difference at all when we're together. I see you're in the age range of 18-24 so I would tell you that for sure in your 20s the age gap becomes much less significant. If you really care about this girl, then you should go for it. Like I said, I never thought I'd be with someone 4 years younger but he somehow convinced me! :) Good luck!

• awesome... I'm extremelu happy things worked out for you but its not a matter about me going for her... I just wanted to see if other girls out there would rather hurt themselves and deny their feelings simply becsuse the guy is younger and its "not right"

• gotcha...well unfortunately I think some girls are willing to do that which is really sad. Most of the time, if it was the GUY who was a few years older, then it wouldn't matter so much. And you have to think...what really makes it "not right?" The fact that society says so? I can see no reason for it as long as the two people involved are happy!

• maybe one day all girls will think like that :P

• i think that when the girl is on high school then it would look pretty weird, not that it would be wrong. I think girls should be more like guys are in the sense that if a guy likes a girl he doesn't care what others say, while girls want their friends approval.

• I used to date younger guys in high school but during senior year I was with a guy who was 16 while I was 18. Something about that made me feel really creepy so I don't think I'd date a younger guy who was a different age than me. I would be okay with someone the same age but a couple months younger though.

• in high school its ussualy awkward if you date 2 years younger regardless of gender though.

• True. He was a junior though, he just happened to be 16 for the majority of our relationship.

• It depends what I age I would be. I'm currently 18 so I guess dating a 10-13 year old would be kinda wrong... ;)

However I wouldn't even date anyone that's 2 years younger, guys at age of 16-19/20 are still a bit immature. If I would be for example 25 maybe I could date someone a year or two younger but not 5 or 8 years younger. No matter how good he would treat me and how in love would he be with me, I wouldn't find him attractive if he was so much younger than me.

• lol you're 19 so you're saying at 25 guys 5 years younger aka 20 year olds aren't attractve... so who are you dating now?

• I didn't say they aren't attractive. I said that if someone is that much younger than me I just wouldn't find them attractive, as I am attracted to guys that are older than me.

and yes in my opinion guys at 20 are still immature, obviously not all of them but most of them. But that is just my opinion.

And I am currently dating someone that is 28, and I am happy dating guys older than me.

• again it wasn't a question about maturity... I was merely asking if you liked a younger guy would you not date him only because society deems it "weird" for the girl to be older

• Nope I can not date a younger guy. I have tried and it just doesn't work for me.

The attraction goes away almost instantly as soon as I find out a guy is younger than me. Maybe, MAYBE, I can *handle* a month or so, but anything more than that is a deal breaker :P

Just my personal preference.

• I am 24, so a 19 or 18 year old is not exactly mature for me. I would rather him have a great time in college at that age.

• I will to give him a chance...just see it as making new friends

• Well, I'm not one of those girls. I think it depends on age. Age gaps tend to become less significant once you get older. When you're 28 someone eight years younger makes a bigger difference than when you're 36 and dating a 28-year-old. I'm 36 now and have always dated guys who were more or less my age until I was in my 30s. I know actually find that I'm generally attracted to guys younger than me (4-5 years). I'm not sure why that is though. In general, I think that guys older than me are...old hahaha.

I don't think many people would turn down someone simply based on age though. Whilst thinking of dating someone who's 45 seems really out of question to me right now, I think that if the right guy came along and happened to be 45 I wouldn't say "no, your age, I don't like it!".

• how so? when you're 28 and he's 20? how is that any different tha. 36 nd 28

• yeah but were you the same person you are now when you were 20/ did you look for the same types of guys you do now? As for letting go, trust me if I could I wouldve a long time ago... I dontneed you to understand but I kniw her well enough to say maturity isn't the reason either.

• No, obviously I wasn't the same person, which is why I say that people change a lot and mature a lot and hence I would not see age differences at that age as insignificant. Whatever her reasons, I'm fairly certain that 98% of all people would not miss out on dating someone simply because a number doesn't please them. If it really isn't maturity that bothers her, she's probably just not into you.

• Women are dating younger men more and more these days.

Most of the men I've dated have been right around my age, the youngest being only two years behind me. But I don't really care that much about age.

• I feel mature for my age, so a younger guy would need to be very mature for his age, I don't totally count out younger guys, but I don't know It just feels unattractive... I guess because I instantly think of a 12 year old... lol idk, Maybe I just need to meet a younger guy who I find attractive... my ex is only a year older and still that feels very young to me. My dad is 5 years older than my mom so maybe that's why I feel this way, it is just what I was raised to think is normal, or something... love is love, shouldn't matter what the age is. OK no 12 year olds though, lmao

What Guys Said 2

• It might sound unfair at the moment, but the flip side of that is that we guys only date girls our age or younger.

Now, would you rather be stuck dating only girls older than you, or be stuck dating your age or younger? Take a 33 year old guy, who the dating world has just really opened up for, who is finally confident and has a bit of a career. He can go after 23, 25 year old women if he wants.

A 33 year old woman? She's stuck hoping that a 33 year old or older guy will be single and want her before her biological clock runs out, even as they can get women younger than her.

• Though I have had older women chase me. A woman 14 years older, and one four years older.

• not all of us are interested in younger women for their looks... and also if you're 33 and the dating world has just opened up for you... then you're doing something wrong.

• According to what I've been told by older guys, dating gets incredibly easy when you hit 30, as a guy, as long as you're in shape, have decent looks, and a decent job. Like, getting propositioned on a regular basis, etc, lmao. Maybe they exaggerated.

• dude I'm not trying to be an a**hole, but if she says your age is the reason she doesn't like you, trust me there's something else that bothers her or someone else...