Accidental embarrassing text

I was texting a man I knew in HS on and off for 2 years via Facebook. I recently saw him at an event. He messaged that he enjoyed seeing me and referred to me as stunning. We Facebook messaged a few times then he gave me his number and said feel free to call or text any time. All was going really well. We had a blizzard. I playfully texted "want to come play in the snow" for a variety of reasons I started to second guess my invitation one being a post he wrote on his FB page referencing a lot of babies will be born 9 months from the storm. I wrote a text to a girl friend of mine referencing his Facebook post and asking her do you think he might have thought my text was forward or took it as a proposition. I refer to him in this text as HS Rob. I accidentally texted it to him instead of my girlfriend. He immediately responded ummmm...I would not worry about that HS Rob did not link the two together. I wrote a return text trying to provide some explanation and got don't sweat it no big deal. The worst part is I deleted the text I ended up sending him in my horror after realizing my mistake so I can't really remember exactly what I wrote. Will he ever talk to me again? its been a few days now. Do I text him or wait to see if he reaches out?

Most Helpful Guy

• It was embarrassing for you, not for him. If anything he probably thinks its funny (in a pathetic but cute way) that you did it. He's just waiting for you to make the next move because he probably thinks you're still mortified and doesn't want to make it worse.

Going forward though, if it comes up, laugh about it, it could be a flirty inside joke.

• Thank you for pathetic cute sorta way that what I said myself lets hope that's how he took it . I sent a light text asking him if he was free from captivity ( he was snowed in for days from our blizzard) he sent a return text an hour later. So we'll see from here.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Don't over think it, he probably doesn't care. It says "don't sweat it", so don't. Keep texting him like you did before.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. There's plenty of other guys out there. But what I would do is just text him and ask if he's mad at you. If not, apologize and ask to start over. Good luck (: