How come guys are far more pressured than girls to move out of their parents house? why does that double

Standard, double-standard exist? If it is a double standard, course can live with their parents at pretty much any age and society won't frowned upon them but it is the other way around for guys, even if a guy has his life together and lives on his own, most guys even like that will not mind at all dating a girl who still lives at home, however, whether a girl or not has her life together, still lives at home or on her own, will find a guy that still lives at home to be a turn off and will not date him

even if the guy has a car and has a job, I guess that's still not enough
this is something I really hate about being a guy

Most Helpful Guy

• it's a standard ( not be sexist) women are looked at as being small and weak unable to take care of their self as good as man can. It is a makes you a man is being able to provide for yourself. Men are hunter and gather's. Your not learn unless you do it for your self.

Wanna know why it's a turn off to still live with mommy and daddy makes you look like loser. Living with a sick parents or grandparents is different. It shows a women you have no drive to take care yourself. If you won't care of yourself how are you gonna take care of her. Its not about protection from danger. It's the fact they don't want to have to worry about eating,freezing to death,washing their butt if they lose they their job or don't have a way of taking care of theirselves if you can't do it for you , you can't do it for her. All you will do is take advantage of her.

To be 25 and over still living at home is a loser move.Even the elusive uber geek lives on it's own now. The only way your not a loser if your sober, lost home due to being laid off from job ( currently looking for work ), or have kids and a single parent. If you have a job, car and living at home with mommy and daddy. Your a loser user in her eyes.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't know nobody in my family was pressured to move out. Though they did tell us if we were still there at 30 we were gonna be forced out. I didn't move out my first time till I was 23 and then moved back twice over problems with finding an apt before my lease was up or because my job situation was uncertain. As for dating guys that live at home I have no problem with that with the economy. Now if he's in his 30's and never moved out that's a different story. I think by the time you hit 30 you shoukd definetely be on your own, unless it is because of caring for ill relatives.

• I don't think it is acceptable over a certain age, people will just go wtf if you're 25 and still living with your parents.

It may be acceptable longer, because traditionally that is what happened. Women never lived at home, they stayed with their parents until they got married. Then they moved in with their husband.

From my expierence girls on average move out earlier though

• Don't know don't care

• What's up with this?

• Why do you think I shouldn't be against this?

• I am 25 and I still live at home. It bothers me, but I don't make enough money to move out (would need further schooling to make decent money), and I have no one to live with if I wanted to.

• Even if society views it as more acceptable for women to still live with their parents, a lot of these women probably wish that they could move out but do not make enough money to manage that.

• Society has decided that different genders should represent different things. Although I think it's embarrassing for girls to still live with their parents past a certain age.

What Guys Said 6

• We men are naturally designed protectors and providers, girls were almost incapable of surviving on their own when these instincts we still have were formed. These instincts were incorporated into the traditions of most ancient and recent civilizations (what you described as happening today has been happening for a countless thousands of years, all over the world). It's basically just the natural need to keep girls safe and taken care of, while men are expected to be adequate providers who are out building their structured lives as young adults.

• Traditional anglo-saxon approach was men went off to make it in the world, women stayed home till they married, at least often. Of course that was supposed to be at like 20.

• I forgot to mention that in today's society, yes, it is a double-standard, as men and women are supposed to be treated equally. But it's a good idea to also consider the financial strain that some men and women do put on their parents .

• I should get a sex change because of this

• probably provider tradition

• because guys are expected to be self sufficient while its still okay for girls to live of other peoples success