How to kindly tell a girl that you don`t want a second date?

Hi!

I just had a first date with a cute and very nice girl I met on a dating site. I liked her, but I`m 100% certain that I`m not going to fall in love with her. Should I contact her at all? What would be the nicest way to tell her (or not tell her) that there was no attraction, but good luck?

Thanks for any good advice :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, you should just shoot her an email saying exactly that. You had a very nice time, but you felt you didn't really click the way you're looking for right now. Wish her luck and leave it at that. There's nothing wrong with knowing early-on that she's just not for you.

What Girls Said 5

• You really don't have to. In my opinion, first dates are no strings attached test drives. If you're not sold then move on.

When she doesn't hear back from you she'll move on too.

• Yes, be open and honest to her about it for most women really need it spelled out to them it's not going to happen. I've seen some friends of mine brush off girls too gently and they really didn't take the hint, resulting in them keep coming by or calling on daily basis. *shudders*

Of course this doesn't mean you have to be rude, LittleLissGriff is explaining it best, imho.

• Just be straight up honest with her, girls hate it when guys beat around the bush and give them BS, cop-out excuses for not wanting to see them anymore, believe me! Just be honest.

• How come women can't do the same and tell the guy straight up and pull the disappearing act or not say anything?

• Not all women are like this, I have no trouble with telling the truth. If I don't want to date you I'll tell you so and I'll tell you why.

• Don't contact her again

• Yes, contact her. It's incredibly rude to just never talk to her ever again. That's happened to me, it's not fun. Just be honest. Just let her know that you had a nice time but that you just weren't feeling it, or something like that. Cowardice is never the best choice - be honest and tell her.

• I always tell - that's why I expect the same respect in return :-)

What Guys Said 2

• wow , I'm killing myself to find a girl to like me past my ugliness and you are turning down girls ?

• Hey, I don`t want to spend my life with a girl I`m not in live with. And you should`t either. I think your main problem is your self respect, and women can sense that. Looks aren`t everything. There`s a lot of material on this on the internet that can help you - female psychology etc. Just stay away from the most desperate PUA stuff ;)

• Just tell her straight up, that you had a good time but you're not feeling any attraction, and you tell her straight to her face, no email, no texting, if you do that it shows you have no backbone. Yes, she may be sad by you telling her to her face, but she will respect you for it and you're being real. Don't be like some females who can't tell a guy they're not attracted to them to their face, they just do the disappearing act, but when the role is reverse, they don't like it.