Since guys have to provide and protect, what do girls do for dating and relationships?

Guys are expected to lead the relationship as well, seems like all girls offer is sex, and please don't mention having kids, because that's not until starting a family, I'm just referring to dating and relationships only

I wonder, why is it wrong for a guy to hate women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Lets cut to the chase. You are obviously implying that women have nothing to offer but their body in a relationship. The problem here is not that women have nothing to offer, it's that you are dating the wrong women. It's true, I know gals who just want a man to take care of them. I'm not denying that. But there are also lots of independent women who will meet you half way and contribute equally to a relationship. I'm sorry this is your perception of things, and I hope someone will change that for you some day.

What Girls Said 30

• Women balance men out! Your question suggests the standard view points involving gender roles, and yes those may be present, but moreover women have the (often natural) qualities of giving love, nurturing, supporting, beautifying and praising. We are so much more than this though!

LOVE- This is about giving out kindness and caring for our partner, being loving and soft and gentle

NURTURE- This is the thoughtfulness of caring about our partner's health and wellbeing, buying them something that they like, making sure we make their coffee right, thinking about whether they need a massage or a hug or whether they need space, asking them how they feel, being a host, making sure the home is set up in a way that is appealing to the eye

SUPPORT- Being there for our partner, to support them when times get tough, to give love and kindness, to nurture and to be a cheering squad if needed. We support mentally (talk to us and we can help problem solve), physically (we'll exercise with you, or give you moral support, or look after you when you're sick), emotionally (feelings work), spiritually (we'll seek spiritual assistance on your behalf if required, we'll pray for you, doing energetic healings on you).

BEAUTIFY- This is not about "looking pretty for you" - actually far from it. You can generally assume though, that when a girl is interested in someone, she will make an effort about her appearance (we all do this). What it is about though, is the desire to make things around us beautiful. Our home, our environment. A woman's home often has touches of personality- that purple lamp, or crystals, or natural fibres, or well-thought out color schemes, or items of our travels, etc. It LOOKS beautiful.

Dating can be a positive experience no matter what your orientation. With women, we offer much to enhance and benefit a partner. In addition to these general things, each woman offers her own personal vibe which is special and worth investigating!

Blessings!

• Whoops PRAISING- I think most women, despite our needs to "vent", we are generally very good at praising our partner, because we learn to exercise this need in raising children too. We offer kind words of encouragement and believe in our partner. :)

• Woman totally do balance men out! :) Very true God made us for man :P

• Agreed! well put!

• It's wrong for anyone to hate each other for whatever. Misogyny is wrong and so is misandry.

If a woman hurts a man or takes advantage of him, that is awful but, that doesn't mean that all women are to blame and deserve hatred. Same thing goes for women who are wronged by a man, that doesn't mean that all men are out to hurt women. I am really sorry for people passing judgment on the opposite sex for whatever bad experiences they have had in the past. Their whole conclusion is, "He/She f***ed me over so, all men are dogs and all women are bitches." it's quite ridiculous and an immature belief to adopt. If your wife or girlfriend cheated you, ripped you off or broke your heart would you take it out on your mother by telling her you hate her? She is after all a woman. Doesn't that make her guilty and deserving of hatred in the general idea?

• I believe every relationship is different and you may not always be looking for the same things in every potential partner you come across as you go through different stages of your life. Whether you are male or female you usually come across someone who may have nothing to offer you in the end and just take what they can. Your attitude towards women might be because the only type of women that you've been exposed to only offer up sex and nothing more or perhaps that's all they want from you. It's not one sided as you're making it out to be. I suggest you find better women.

• you know I never asked my boyfriend to protect me, I fight better and faster than he does but I drop and tremble when against a guy, so he protects me and I bandaid him in the end, I don't want him to pay for everything in dates, but he insists too much (I seriously bring money with me on a date so I can find ways to pay instead of him), I don't expect him to land a high paying corporate job as long as he finishes college and gets a stable job (im aiming to be an architect so don't expect me to be ms. housewife), I know how to cook foreign and local dishes really well but he wants to learn too, he helps me with my androphobia, social phobia & dementia, and I can't thank him enough for it, I don't ask much from him, I just want him to be there with me

so don't expect me to accept your concept of girls as blow-up dolls, if you think that then just chase bargirls and whores in the entertainment districts, girls are non maids, nor are they commodities, were not slaves -_-

• just came back to this, wow its been 5 months lol, it feel like just a month ago.. anyway I found out dementia is a imaginatively destructive mental disorder related to brain damage, I'd like to point out that I'm not that extreme so using the word "dementia" was inappropriate, but it doesn't matter anymore because I no longer see things like that.

• I think these days girls protect just as much as guys do. Trust me if anyone came after my boyfriend they'd better be prepared to go through me. As for providing neither of us likes to spend a lot of money as I am paying a mortgage and he is saving to buy a place as well. We provide each other time and respect and don't demand anything that the other person does not feel comfortable doing. Sure there are times we meet one another halfway but we never disregard the feelings of the other in order to feel good about ourselves and our relationship. Sometimes I cook and sometimes he does, sometimes he pays for dates and sometimes I do. Bottom line is we enjoy one another's company and that's why it works.

With that been said there are some unfortunate girls out there who have been brainwashed into believing that they should provide sex in return for the financial support and protection of a man. I like to call this damsel-in-distress syndrome or trophy-girfriend virus for which there is no cure save for a one way trip to Wake-The-Hell-Up-Land

• You may think you protect, but when it comes down to it, men are the protectors. They are physically superior to us and that isn't going to change. Plus, yes, a man's sexual needs are important. Why would he give financial support and protection to a woman who isn't fulfilling those needs? He wouldn't and he shouldn't. Everyone has their needs.

• Perhaps not in a physical sense but we sure as hell should speak up for our partners when the time calls for it. Would you watch a friend being pushed around and not try to say or do anything about it? Relationships work the same way. You look out for one another and support one another. Sex, as with protection and support, should not be seen as something the girl gives to the guy and vice-versa but rather as something the couple give to one another.

• Modern day is kinda different but from where you are saying:

guys: provide, protect

girls: sustain, nourish

lots of guys love protecting their girl and providing financially. in turn lots of girls love to support their guy in whatever ways she can - emotional support, and keeping their guy physically sustained (well fed, clean house...etc)

but in modern day relationships its an equal partnership. 50/50. and women provide, lead, and (in some ways) protect just as much as men do.

• Well girls bring love and forgiveness into the relationship.. If a girl really loves a guy she will at least encourage him to be a better person and lead him on the right path.. :P she will be concerned for his health vs. his buddies lol.. She'll be like "I wish you didn't drink or smoke."

Girls are also VERY romantic.. lol they may not be sexual like guys but they like to kiss and cuddle... lol so that kind of makes them more lovey dovey than guys

Girls usually see the best in people so they teach guys how to be more patient, forgiving and understanding...

Girls can be good providers and some can be very loyal

Girls lol teach guys how to be nicer I think?

• that's an interesting view or point of view.

I guess if all you're looking for as a guy is sex, then you'll probably just get a girl who gives sex and nothing more

that would be the immature spectrum of relationship development-primitive and rather dehumanizing.

the reason people are people, is that they have the ability to form emotional connections and verbalize knowledge, wisdom and communicate.

if all you do is just f*ck, then it's almost like an animal basis, with no real human connection, that's why I compare it to being primitive at times if all it is, is just shallow baseless f*cking and then you're done

but some people are into that...

so it can go either way, some guys are useless and all they're good for is just sex

but I'd rather go out with a guy who has brains and realizes, relationships are not just based on sex and that women are not just for sex and same goes for the opposite sex.

• Wrong. In a relationship, guys *want* to provide and protect. They don't *have* to. Women these days are damn capable of providing for and taking care of themselves. Part of what women do in a relationship is stroke your damn ego so you feel like a man. Providing and protecting make you feel like a man. That probably doesn't sound like what you want to hear, but it is the truth. A truth that took me awhile to figure out.

Now if you want to go with your 1950's "men provide and protect" blah blah blah crap, then women nurture and are caretakers.

If you want to argue that men don't need nurturing or caretaking, refer to my above comment about women not needing someone to provide or protect.

And since women can provide for and protect themselves, we could pretty much argue that all men bring to the table for them is, well, sex.

It goes both ways, man.

• I don't know where you are, but here in the US, guys aren't leading a relationship. A relationship is about two people sacrificing, and compromising because they have deep emotional feelings for each other. Sex is an extra pleasure for both partners. Guys also usually don't provide for a girl anymore either. We have our own jobs. Protection is because a guy loves a girl and doesn't want her to get hurt. And that is on the off chance that someone tries to mug her or break in to her house or some other extreme circumstance. Men and Women both contribute equally in a relationship or it isn't really a relationship. I feel sad for you that you think the only reason to have a girlfriend is for sex.

• There are different types of relationships. Not just boyfriend amd girlfriend in the U.S. Maybe you should google that

• Hence I said here in the US. I was giving my own definition of a relationship. K thanks :)

• Don't say all that we offer is sex!

We offer you a lot more than that! We provide you with support, we are there for you when you need to talk and are worried about something. We will always support you and stand by your side when things get rough. We try to always keep you happy by doing lots of things! Not just having sex with you.

• I agree! Sir you sound like a douche, or completely ignorant on how relationships work!

• Heh, your asking the wrong girl. I don't like anyone 'leading' me around and I love being independent, yes I am in a relationship, no I do not like to depend on someone else, I hang out with guys more than girls and my boyfriend tells me I'm his 'rock'. Don't sound like an average girl? Blame society and go after girls that are into the metal music scene, most of them share my views.

• Oh my gosh is that a thing? I'm not a metal head but all my friends are cause they are all open minded feminists. This explains so much.

• You don't have to be a metal head to find a good music scene or good people. I love metal, but also love funk, country, rock, rap . . .

• True, but the best energy is at rock concerts, metal included. In the groups of friends I have(made up of a lot of people who listened to rock in high school and mixed in college) I see more equalist and feminist (I consider myself an equalist) in the people that listen to rock than those who like rap or latin music (I don't know to many country fans in florida), just a observation.

• Laughter, listening ear, a cuddle buddy. Pretty much she's your best friend (that yes you get sex with) that loves you too.

• they are attentive they listen to you and your needs emotionally as well as sexually. women if you find the right one relationships only will cook for you and clean do your dirty laundry and offer why ou a should to cry on if needed. women will give their all if you treat them right. but as far as relationships goes I feel like all men think is that women want marriage, kids and to give you sex not true.

• @Since guys have to provide and protect, what do girls do for dating and relationships?_________Who told you that?

@provide and protect.. Female or male. Partners who _care_ about each other do this.

• How many times can the same question be asked on the one website?

*Yawn*

Seriously... do a search..

• My relationships are always equal, we provide for each other, protect each other (in differing ways), support each other, listen, companionship etc. You're making it sounds like all women are basically just prostitutes. It's offensive!

• I would assume women provide the same thing for a man. Both people in the relationship should always provide a safe, loving and respectful emotional environment for each other. Material things should not really matter. Its the bond you form with each other.

• girls make you wanna do that . . :P

• blowjobs.

• Trust me. that is a hugee sacrifice...and its to keep guys happy.

• Blowjobs really aren't worth all the fuss it takes to keep a woman happy.

• Women do whatever the hell they feel like in a relationship, this isn't the 1950's.

• Besides fulfilling his physical needs . . . Make him feel loved, support him, respect him, make him want to be a better person, do sweet things for him like unexpected gifts, back rubs, make him laugh, help him relax. When we live together, I do his laundry, the dishes, the majority of the cleaning, pay the bills, take the garbage out, cook a couple times a week (he's a chef and brings food home with him a lot), provide a home that is his sanctuary, his place of peace, rest and relaxation. Treat him as best I can, I want him to feel like a king in his home.

• We take care of you guys more than you think. Especially if a guy and a girl live together. We cook your meals, we do your laundry, provide emotional and moral support, soothe and relax your "male" egos, put up with your sh*t, take care of you when you get sick, get you gifts on your birthday, pick up the slack when you screw up, give you company when you're lonely, share our stuff with you, give you back rubs, loan you money, when you're broke, stand up for you if someone's disrespectful, ask for directions when you're lost but too proud to admit it, do the grocery shopping, clean up your messes and last but not least give you sex when you want it.

• Not to nitpick, but most of us adult men can make our own meals, do our own laundry (it's about the easiest chore there is), we can guy our own stuff, and if a guy has to borrow money from a girl, he's not much of a guy, and grocery shopping is just a part of life. Also, we're not dogs that crap on the sidewalk you misandric girl, any normal guy can keep is own place clean as he likes it.

• I never thought of men as "dogs" and as for hating men, it's really not in my pay value to do so. But, I am a little disappointed that men and women can be so selfish with a "what have you done for me attitude" if you love someone you just do what you can for them without any complaints. If that person forgets, you will just have to remind them of how much you care about them and what you do to show that. If that's not enough for them, then they can go to hell.

• Well, as girls, we provide moral support, love, and encouragement. What is the number one reason millionaire say for reason for their success? Supportive spouse. Even as a girlfriend, we provide unconditional admiration and support (depends). Why is that a guy shows off his girlfriend who show up to his work meeting with food for everyone (he is proud of her).

If you lucky and end up with a smart girl (like an MBA guy who married a smart lawyer lady), she will help you make $$$ millions. So you see, dating and relationship is the first step to a long-term relationship. If you are only saying is sex, then you are dating someone who can offer you sex and nothing else so that is your choice on the girls.

Sadly, I think it is your view and decision of girl type. It is asking between the quality of a $10 watch and a rolex. Maybe you can't afford/decide to buy and to maintenance a the rolex?

• Support, caretaker, nurture

• I'm sorry, but when you say that all we offer is sex, that is not true and I think it makes us sound cheap.

We offer emotional support, being your best friend, listening to you talk about stuff. And protection and providing, that is something that should be done by both sides, not just then men.

• stroke his ego... and other things... haha;)

• Girls used to be how guys kept socializing. A lot of guys fall out of the habit and the girls are the ones who bring them back into it and its good for people to socialize. Additionally, cuddling and kissing releases happy hormones esp if its the one you love. They lend another perspective and since they know the guy better they can have a more in-depth girl perspective.

• Give you sex duh.

• So we provide, you give sex? This sounds like a job I know.

• Well yeah that's all you guys want from us.

• I would probably not want even that from someone who thinks like that. From an actual woman, we all want a lot more than that.

• Ask me again once you've returned from the 50's, please.

What Guys Said 6

• to all the gals that answered in a negative way I hope you have room for cats to kep you company... most guys today and possibly in the near future may be in a non marriage minded

because it doesn't and isn't the same anymore. me get shafted at every turn In divorce /parental right courts . yes there are a very small percentage maybe 1% of men that come out on top in courts system .

feminist tell you its about equality but that's as far from the truth as it gets.

if it was tell me this if a woman hits a man in fit of anger and the man strikes back word who spends time in jail was it the woman for makng the 1st hit... answer I the man does. sowoman can take care of themselves you say ...then prove it . if 2 men were in the same scenario the 1stprson striking would go to jail as instigator. hmmm. woman hits guy 1st guy spends tme in jail ...equality hell no... come up with something beter ladies its not flying with the largest majority of the men in the world . 70 TO 75% OF ALL MEN fall in the category that said feminist are so against. the other 30% are he type guys you say you don't ant men to be lik but guess what you flock to them like vultures at a dead cows carcase

many of you ladies claim (that have feminism as a basic guide line) t o be alpha females

which was done on male dogs in the 60's I believe. feminism tells men that they go after the alpha males. true there are what seems to be alpha male dogs, one may control the food dish another the best sleeping spot another make take the lad in a hunt and so forth.

guess what there is no such thing as an alpha female... anyone with expirence raising dogs knows this . and that is feales are sequestered by the owner of the dog to mate with pureblood male dogs of same breed. why sequestoring of the female if left to her own devices she'd mate with anything that got with her. well what about her seeking the best gene pool (on her own) to mate with the suposed alpha male . the supposd alpha males if she hooks up with 5 to 15 male dogs of different breeds . sounds like a slut to me .

now here's the clincher . nice guy rejected by females because he's too nice ..type guy man feminist totally hate. considered to beta male not worthy of her attention. gets tred of being just a friend or older brother concept says f*** it I'm tired of this I'll just treat the girls by what I see the girls going after (jerks that 30% mentioned above) lol.. youknow how feminist cover their ass they say he was an alpha already lol... really that's why he was pushed aside all those yeas right because he was an alpha In desquise . soall those alpha guys out there you now know where feminist come you with the phrase all men are dogs hows it feel to be compard to a dog guys.

• im not even gonna bother fighting with an old man who only sees what's in front of him and only walks a straight line, fossils like you aren't worth the effort of convincing nor are you worth the headache.

you live in the past and try desperately to shove your selfish ideals onto others, so you basically say women should be your bitch right? so we don't stand on equal footing? are we not human? if you believe this then your just a blind selfish little man, not worth anyones time.

• RENIGAZA ... lol... your a prime example why so many men your age are not going to be in committed relationships (such as marriages) and will eek out foreign wives if possible or not get married at all. which puts femistist thinking like you on edge because if that happens you lose and if the laws favoriting women in the courts aren't changed this is something that is going to esculate with the young men of your age group ... an old man as you call me may have something on you called experience

• Don't date "traditional" women bro, those girls have a sense of entitlement about them. Date borderline feminist chicks.

• Exactamundo. It's tough to find them though, I have to go out of my way to look for you guys, and I'm not the overly social type.

• MOLOCH...LOL... SOME WOULD SAY DON'T DON'T THAT BUT DATE FOREIGN WOMAN INSTEAD (ASIAN / HISPANIC ECT .. HOWVER I'M NOT RULING OUT THE FACT THAT THERE ARENT ANY DECENT AMERICAN WOMEN THERE ARE JUST HARD TO FIND IS ALL. BUT MOST GUYS DO NOT HAVE THE LUCK OF RUNNING ACRSS THESE ISOLATED GOOD AMERICAN WOMEN UNFORTUANATLY .

• Moden day we do no more than women do. It's more of an equal partnership.

• Outside of sex, girls supply the emotional companionship and support that is considered "unmanly" by a male's peers.

Do you not want emotional companionship from a female?

• of course I want that but it doesn't seem like much

• I agree

• Hmm I guess realistically in dating, girls just provide affirmation of your manliness through sex.

Though if you're going to have a family, then it gets into deeper stuff, because families and love and kids relate to man's fear of his mortality and the chaos of life, and his attempts to overcome it. Your family is somewhere you belong in a chaotic world, if it's based on the ideal model of relationships, and it provides a means of slightly cheating death--when you die and leave kids behind who loved you, they keep a continuance, they link you to the land of the living in a small but strong way.