How much do your friend's opinions affect who you date?

If you wanted to date someone who your friends were not attracted to, would you have second thoughts about dating that person?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, absolutely not. I need to make my own decisions, whether good or bad. Unless it's something like, he's a known cheater, he has an STD . . . some sort of information that would make me want to steer clear. Plus, no one sees the person you see, when the two of you are alone. No one else knows what you two have. Also, you are the only one who TRULY knows what is best for you. Not saying we pick a partner always based on what is truly best for us, but we shouldn't say no to someone because a friend or family member says they 'wouldn't be good for us'.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course my friends' opinions matter. :) I don't care if they're attracted to his appearance, but I do care about what they think of his character.

• No, I wouldn't. Why would their attraction toward MY boyfriend have an influence on my feelings? Wouldn't really be true love, would it...

• No, I'd still go for it. At least I wouldn't have to worry that they might develop feelings for him eventually lol jk :)

My friends' and my taste in men is reeeeally different so it wouldn't even make sense to pursue someone they'd approve of 100%.

What Guys Said 3

• Only a mindless zombie would seek his friend's approval for dating, unless the friend is actually trying to warn me about something I need to know about her.

• Not at all.

• I don't think they would say they aren't attracted to her though. I've had girls that I thought were very attractive and they thought she was just okay. Same with me towards their girlfriends. It's not a big deal. What kind of friend tells you that you're girlfriend is ugly anyway? They would say that in a joking way or if they thought that, they might wait 'til a breakup.

That being said, I will listen to them about how she acts because I might be too involved and they are just looking out for my best interests. You know, the whole bros before hos thing