Is it because I'm chubby?

I had this boyfriend and we had been dating on and off for 4 years (he wasn't very nice, but I was stupid enough to give him extra chances, anyway). Well, he was talking to this girl while we were dating. We later broke up, and not even 3 days afterward, they post all over Facebook that they are in a relationship and that they had sex.

It really hurts to know that I was replaced that quickly. I'm 17, and that's the only relationship I've ever had. No other guy has ever asked me out at all. I just feel like no guy will ever want me, and I feel that it's because I'm "chubby." I try SO HARD to lose weight, but I can't :( I'm 12 pounds overweight, and it's not going anywhere...

Do guys not like me because I'm overweight? Or is it something else? I'm so lost...

Most Helpful Guy

• Drinking a glass of lemon water in the morning boosts your immune system through vitamin c and also helps you lose weight but drink lemon water through a straw drink it fast and rinse with plain water after its bad for your teeth exercising is also good and drinking lots of water and fruits to help your digestive system and 12 pounds is nothing you might not be losing weight because of the stress your putting on yourself to lose the pounds don't think about it to much and just eat healthy I dropped 10 pounds from 160-150 just by being lazy and eating healthy but I lost muscle but that's probably because I cut off the workout suppliments I was on and stopped working out I wouldent worry about this guy he seems like a horrble person telling everyone he had sex on Facebook that's pretty immature I wouldent wanna be with a girl who was like this guy I want a good person keep your head up and focus on you listen to music that makes you feel good and just ignore people like this guy as they will only feel your head with negative thoughts that are irrational and untrue.

What Guys Said 5

• about the weight: link it is always possible to lose the weight you want, but you need to break it when you reach "that" point. Have some exercise, talk to your doctor, consult a nutricionist and make plans for your daily lifetime so that it makes you happy. If you're happy with your self right now, just leave it that way ot is cause you won't need to show your bones to have a boyfriend.

(I've just noticed your picture and if you consult a stylist I'm sure you'll be really pleased with the result. You have some ups and downs but by the picture, I can't see that "overweightness" you talk about, you're really good, trust me... I've answered something related with that yesterday: link )

------------------------------

about this subject again, you should really forget about it, in a way that you don't make the same mistakes again. Take out the good part of it and just forget about it, since it no longer exists, and save the worst since you can learn with your own mistakes and, as well, as that guy's ones.

Be confident about anything you might encouter on your life and just accept that no one is perfect, including your self. You need to accept who you are before letting someone else do it

About the way he dumped you, he probably have cheated on you in the past, but I might be wrong but just forget about this guy and move on. Be as good as you can be and if he tries to go after you again just show him how heavy your hands can be ;)

------------------------------

Good luck on your life girl :)

• Your not chubby, and the reason this has happened is because he realized that you were far to good for him, and as far as other guys go, they will keep an eye on you before approaching you, just to make sure the competition has gone, but you have talents so they won't go un-noticed, and one thing your not, is chubby,x

• It's hard to say, but try not to take it too personally. Young guys are usually more concerned with the sex a relationship offers than the actual relationship itself. If they think they can get better or more frequent sex somewhere else, that's where they'll go.

That being said, you don't look particularly overweight judging from your picture.

• 12 pounds isn't over weight. You got involved with an a**hole and it is causing you to ignore other people who are interested in you. Get to college and find out that you have a lot more choices than you think.

• My cousin's ex told him that she "doesn't like fat guys" after 2 years and dumped him.

What Girls Said 2

• Some guys are very picky about their women being skinny. However, some other guys prefer their women a little fluffier. It just depends. Once you get past high school you'll be fine. And 12 pounds isn't enough to constitute chubby, I don't think, but what do I know.

Good luck.

• Well, being overweight does play a huge role in attraction.. I won't lie. And I'm always the one to advocate for fitness. So I think, no matter what, you should really work hard to lose weight.

I was 5'0 and 135 when I was 15, and now, five years later, I'm 5'4 and 110. I can't tell you how many times I've said "I can't." But in the end, I can. And I did. You can too.

But, in this situation, it's not you. Your ex-boyfriend is a d*** and he doesn't deserve you. And I'm not just saying that. He didn't respect you. He probably cheated on you. He took advantage of your insecurities and dependency on him and used you. He's scum, and she probably is too for encouraging his behavior. You deserve better, and you will get better. Just don't give up or lose confidence in yourself as a good person.

You can easily (well, it'll be a lot of work, but IT IS POSSIBLE, DON'T GIVE UP) change the way you look, and still have a beautiful heart.

He'll always be a d***.

• Ah, and exercising does much more than just help you lose weight. It'll build your confidence, endurance, willpower. And will put you on the path to finding someone way better. A few years from now, you'll be so out of his league you'll laugh at the thought of ever wanting him.