Is casual sex ruinin' the dating world?

is casual sex hurtin' dating? or things are just fine?

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion YES. It just goes along with the problem of people having no accountability to anyone for any reason. Everything is "casual",no commitment because it is not expected in the first place,which in turn just makes people disposable and expendable to each other. And in todays world,casual sex to me is SCARY.Look how many people have stds and don't even know it. Or people who have something won't even TELL you and be up front about it.

Personally,I don't do "casual" anything.You either come correct,or step off.

What Girls Said 6

• Only one right answer for this question I say YES a lot of people now a days have no class I would rather go without then sleep with someone I know nothing about because you never know what they have or where they have been

• Sure is! Nothing much to look forward to after doing it all the time...its like eating too much of what you like...it gets boring and unsatisfying eventually

• I think to some extent the transition from hooking up to dating has ruined the dating world. Those who want relationships and commitment are seen as old fashioned and boring.

• at this point.."old school" ain't lookin so bad!

• Yes! Absolutely!

• For some of us, yes. Those of use who want relationships are seen as "silly" or "prude". The new taboo is monogamy, haha!

• To a certain degree yes.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes for sure. It makes the world a very complicated, hard to understand place.im usually the person who wants a long-term committed relationship only or a meaningful close friendship. But, I don't tend to have sex with people I don't have romantic feelings for. It just doesn't feel right. So, therefore I'm not a fan of friends with benefits, one night stands, etc etc. It ruins the dating world because it offers an easier option. Also, it creates all kinds of relationships among people. Does this person just want sex or do they want more? Etc etc.now we have those kinds of questions popping up and it just causes all kinds of confusing. When somebody says they "like" someone, that doesn't always mean romantically anymore, it can sometimes mean just sexually now. Also, people who are not into causal sex end up getting used and led on. Then, the causal sex people are like ohh its their fault because it wasn't anything more than friends with benefits and they didint see it that way.

• Yes, it is. Looking at the other answers, I'm very glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks so.

• Yes cause every1 sees the other person as objects of pleasure instead of humans seeking to love and have companionship.

• agreed,ya'boy just have to hang his head on this one...

• I think it changed our views not wanting sex makes a person seem weak. People used to have sex after they were in a relationship, now they have sex before a relationship I feel that makes weaker relationships.

• no doubt about it. I feel this casual sex thing is kickin' our ass.

• Who's having casual sex?

• There are more problems than we think. And the problems are more severe than we can imagine thanks to casual sex. One, there are so much fewer commitments between couples. More people tend to be more used to casual sex than a committed relationship. Two, there are so much fewer classy girls and girls with morals. They are turning sleazy and sex driven. Third, there are pretty much no girls that are virgins by the time they reach 21 or 22. Guys can't find girls that they can share a special moment anymore, unless if the girls are, *ahem* overweight and big. Yeah I am getting thumbs down for this one but it's true! Thanks to the popularity of casual sex, most girls that are skinnier turn into girls with no class and no morals!

• no the fact that no girl is willing to give an ugly guy a chance to show that I am not garbage is what's ruining it