Should I get involved with her?

There's this girl that has a huge crush on me. She's not my type looks-wise, but I like her, she's a got an intriguing personality, she's kind, and I can picture myself dating her, but I'm not 100% sure if I will feel love for her at some point in the future.

Would it be wrong for me to date her? The last thing I want is to give her false hope or hurt her even more if no love develops. But at the same time I want to give us a chance.

Girls, if you were the girl, would you want the guy to give both of you a chance, even though he doesn't (yet) feel the same way?

Most Helpful Girl

• damn, I feel rejected just by reading that...ouch.

i think you are driven more by looks and lust and are bit on the shallow side...you have this image in your mind of a perfect girlfriend and have unrealistic expectations. but to break reality to you, that's not how it really works in life...the people you meet and the person you will fall in love with, the girl you will marry, will be someone you least expected, someone you may be did not think that was that attractive at first, but by getting to know them and their personality they will change your life and rock your world. that's what true love is, you meet someone and learn something new in life, about them and about yourself. when you find the one, theyre like your guardian angel and best friend with added attraction/intimacy. so if you are serious about relationships and dating, trying finding a girl that will be that best friend for you, rather then a sexy hot babe who completes your checklist of a perfect girlfriend. I think sooner or later you will realize that there is no such thing as a 'perfect girlfriend' and the person you fall in love with is imperfect in many ways but that's what drives you crazy about her.

also, dating is harmless. dating is called dating and not marriage overnight ya know? you don't have to marry her tomorrow, just be clear on your intentions that you would like to get to know her more and take her out on a date see where things go if she is interested. be open and honest and this way no hearts will be broken.

• First off, I'm sorry that you feel rejected, but why do you feel that way?

Yes, I'm driven by looks, but I'm just as equally driven by a girl's personality, or I wouldn't consider dating her. In my opinion that does not make me be a bit on the shallow side, since physical attractiveness has always been the main reason for humans to get involved as far back as humanity goes. That's just how nature works and doesn't necessarily imply you are shallow. You can call me shallow if I only went for...

• ... "sexy hot babe" type of girl with no personality, but there's nothing wrong in wanting both, looks and personality.

But I also completely agree with the rest of what you said and I'm relieved that you seem to indicate that there's nothing wrong with dating her. I'm just scared of hurting her and I'm bad at ending a relationship when I feel it's not the right thing for me, but if I don't try, I won't find out.

• i apologize for judging you. you have a point. but I just want you to understand that sometimes love goes beyond looks. and you shouldn't put too much emphasis on it. if she's a nice/shy girl yes she might be hurt, but you should just be honest and direct with her, let her know you wanna take her out on a date.

What Girls Said 7

• I would prefer if he just got to know me better first, so he'll know if I'm girlfriendmaterial. If he dates me, I would get my hopes up that he was into me. Except if it were just one date, if he would go on a date with me, and he would say: "hey, I had a nice time, but I don't see us working out in the future."

Then I would be like: OK, we gave it a shot, too bad it didn't work out.

• How do you know you might never love her when you like her so much?

• Idk if it was me it would definitely get my hopes up. If that physical attraction isn't there why bother.

• I think you should, it sounds like she really likes you.

• No, you will never now if you will like her the same way if you never give her a chance. What if she is the love of your life and you donĀ“t know.

• So, don't bother leave things as is. Or you could tell her you just want to sleep with her and that's it.

• I think you're feeling yoiur leading her on by dating her because you think youi might not want a possible relationship with her, and that's possible. But sometimes people will look at a person and say there not attractive or there not your type, but once you get to know them yo realize they ARE your type. Crushes can be very emotional things. Id sort of let her know up front that you sort of want to just date and see what happens, because if you lead her on too much then realize she's not the one for you then she might be heart broken. But at least you would have told her upfront your indications.

What Guys Said 0