Girls: Does a guy's ability to fight or defend you affect whether you'll date him or not?

Like if two guys are into you and one you don't think would stick up for you or fight someone for you, but you feel confident that the other guy could easily handle himself and take care of you.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. This makes no sense to me. I guess on some level it's nice to have a partner who would verbally stick up for you (not "fight" someone or get physical in any way) if someone's being a d*** to you, but that's not something I would consider at all when I'm thinking about whether I'd like to be in a relationship or not. Like, when I'm single, my default is to stand up for myself and not need anyone to do it for me. It's a good feeling.

Side note, I don't think standing up for your partner should be based on gender at all. I would defend my boyfriend if someone was being an ass to him.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah, that does matter.it's a turn on if a guy has a tough side and can be tougher than other guys and protect you.no one really wants the soft scared guy who couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight

• It's a turn on occasionally (for me at least, not saying anyone else) when a guy shows he's protective (without being creepy about it) but I wouldn't say that's a deciding factor. I'm currently dating a guy that would probably lose a fight but I know he'd try if it was for me. And my ex I know would be able to fight and defend me but he's also a douche on top of that so even though he wants me back I ain't going. So therefore, it can effect the decision occasionally but it's definitely not something to worry about, because other factors would have to be effecting it to.

• Fighting of any sort is a definite turn OFF !

I can defend myself if necessary.

• I certainly want a guy who'll want to protect me. However, if he's smart enough so he can do this without fists I'd be even happier.

• I wouldn't mind until we were in a situation where he needed to fight but didn't lol hey how tall are you?

• Every inch of 6'6 haha

• Tallest person I ever dated was 6'7" I'm 5'1"...the most awkward lookin sh*t you'll ever see in your life lol but I'm sure you can reach everything.

• Yea, that definitely makes a difference. It's a major turn on when guys are willing to fight for yu... it shows he actually cares about yu:)

• Sounds more like he's an idiot. I'm sorry but a real man takes his lady and walks away. You're putting people in more danger 95% of the time if you're in a fight.

What Guys Said 2

• Sum do and s dont

• i've been practicing krav maga and other martial arts for about 7 years now.

my philosophy on fighting is that it is the last resort. it's not cool, it's not something to brag about and it's never okay to start fights. but if someone is trying to mug or physically harm one of us, I would act out of self defense alone, and I would try to deter the attacker while causing the least harm possible.

• I agree. People talk about fighting like its fun or awesome. It can be if your just messing around with your friends wearing gear. But its not in real life when you wake up in a jail cell with a headache.