Guys why do you take a woman to an expensive places when you are dating

I have always been an independent woman and I feel kinda bad with the guy I'm dating showering me with all these things. Nothing material but trips and massages, pedicures, concerts, dinners, lunch, sauna etc. Or is this just a cheap trick to get me in bed with him help?

I think so he did say he was scared of commitment and wouldn't make me his girlfriend so is this the reason

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think a woman can be "tricked" into having sex, unless the guy lies with the L word. Anything else is just a mutual agreement to enjoy a mutually beneficial relationship; whether long term or short term.

Men and women often want different things from a relationship. I am not saying we do not want the same thing, but we don't often want the same thing in equal parts. A man will lean more to the physical part of a relationship and a woman will lean more to the mental part of a relationship. Each has benefits that meet the other gender's needs, but often the primary focus is at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I think everyone knows that usually men want sex, and usually women want security. We each use what we have at our disposal to achieve our goal. So if he is using GIFTS, that is what he thinks is the best thing he has has to offer to trade for what he wants. Maybe it is wrong for him to use girts to seduce you, but maybe it is wrong for a woman to withhold sex to get what she wants.

Not really, but my point is neither is wrong unless someone is lying.

Good Luck,

James

• Thank you. I guess I will just have to continue seeing him and keep sex on the low. Moreover, maybe I could suggest we take some time off in a more casual environment so we can feel each other out more. Thank you for your mature response

• Thank you for choosing my answer. You are sweet, it makes me want to send you a gift.. (just teasing)

• lol good one

What Guys Said 10

• We do it to show you what awesome providers we are.

A few hundred thousand years ago, he'd have been bringing you food he'd gathered/caught/killed.

• Not all the tiime, but some guys do shower girls with gifts just to ease the hint of foreplay suggestion, so you need to either get to know him well enough to be able to tell wether he's just being thought full, or not, so really, you should get to know your date before you consider sex,x

• I know this question is for dating people, but in my case it's different.

I think my wife is completely worth it and if I wanna shower her with some lavish gifts and take her to eat somewhere expensive, that's because I love her and want only the best for her, because she makes me feel like the luckiest man alive.

When we were first dating though, I never brought her anywhere expensive, so you could say I'm making up for lost times.

• Are you accepting and going to all of these things? he offers you. Yes or no?.

• If you are accepting them you should at the very least reciprocate. Nothing worst in the dating market than someone who is a TAKER / Unapreciative. Being reciprocative doesn't have to be sex necessarily. Find things he likes and be creative about it.

• If you are "cheap" enough to lead someone on. Then you're adult enough to take the punishment that comes with it. :) Be wise. You might not be the first who thought about taking advantage. I know, I got an extremely bad reputation about people who try to double cross me on my generosity. lol

• But I am not leading him on. I actually like the guy without all the perks. I have had an abusive ex and I do not wanna get hurt or left feeling stupid again. I am looking for a serious relationship hence why I am avoiding sex. I want some one to love me for me not for being the beautiful attractive woman that I am but for my ambition, personality and my ability to genuinely care for others

• Because I want to go there and she says OK?

Or do you mean the guy pays to take you to expensive places? He's a weirdo. Guess he's trying to show how much of a MAN he is and how he can provide for you in a lovely Jane Austenesque way.

• To make you think we are rich and do that sort of thing alot. till we get together than its Mcdonalds all the way. :)

• You don't have to accept these gifts. And the last term I would use to describe this is "cheap"

• It isn't like I have a choice he forces his wealth upon me. I guess the only way to not accept it is to stop going on date with him I do like him though apart from all the glamor and I was never into giving him sex as a thank you. just wanted to know if someone thinks this is his intentions

• Some guys think they have to buy their way to a woman's heart. And you know what, I can't blame women for reluctantly accepting these gifts. And you definitely don't owe him anything, including sex.

• like the other guys said, to show he can provide.

• We are trying to impress you.

• We think that's what you want

What Girls Said 0