Where can I meet nice guys?

I am 25 and have been single for about two to three years now. I have been on dates, however, they all start and end the same. I start talking to a guy and things seem to be pretty great for a month or two and then we hook up and things go down hill fast. I am beginning to think that maybe it is me?

I'd like to meet a "nice guy" but I don't know where I would meet such a guy. It seems like guys my age are looking for casual relationships whereas I am more of a serious relationship type of person. I don't drink nor do I go to clubs/bars. I like to take things slow, however, the guys I have been dating do not and I tend to give in easily. So I guess my question is how do I avoid this and how do I meet decent guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• From personal experiences, I have met really nice guys at bookstores. I spend a lot of time at bookstores because not only do I enjoy reading but also, there's a Starbucks at my local bookshop. And surprisingly enough, a lot of guys come by to read as well. Majority of the time the guys I talk to are laid back and very sweet. Another place I would suggest would be parks! During the summer time, I workout at my local park and I always get a brave soul who approaches me and starts a conversation. I know I couldn't do that.

Anyways, other places would be: the library, low key sports bar, laundromat (lol), and arcades.

Those are some of the places where I think I would go to meet nice or at least laid back guys. But truth be told, at the end of the day who knows where you'll meet your match. Honestly, you seem like someone who knows what they want and have a good head on their shoulder. I am sure you will find a really nice guy! I know that's SO cliche but it's true. Good people attract good people and although it may seem like it's taking forever, it might be worth it!

Good luck!

• Excellent feedback. Beware of stranger danger in parks though... watch those blindspots and no getting lolipops from the back of utility vans... parks seem scary alone. I think I'd feel sketchy even being alone in a park, let alone trying to pick up a girl in one.

What Guys Said 5

• The friend zone

• I agree with this. I have great guy friends but I am not physically attracted to them as awful as that sounds.

• Dunno, I could say the same question about me and about girls. They/we exist. Church? Gym? Work? Library? Shopping?

• just do what you do since you are a girl you don't really have to do anything about this

• Hmmmm...tough one. At your age a lot of them will have turned into bitter misogynists or players. Do you have any hobbies? You could join a club relating to them, maybe meet a "nice guy" there.

• I enjoy reading, running, volunteering. The strange this is that I have met these men through school, and sadly, some through dating websites :/ But I do agree that I should become more involved in interests and find a guy with similar values and interests.

• Im sorry there is no set place to find a nice guy maybe learn how to identify them by their personality maybe? look for a quieter and more shy type of guys as those are USUALLY not always more romantic and serious relationship type people like you.

What Girls Said 3

• idk but if you figure it out let me know

• If by "hook up" you mean have sex, the answer is simple. Don't put out. The good guys will become obvious.

• I have the same problem. Unfortunately, I would say older men 40+ but they might be divorced and not your cup of tea. I don't really get a lot of attention from men my age. Don't know why.

• doesn't have to be 40+ lol 30 could be fine for her ... but I tend to agree that men would be looking to settle down more when they are a bit older.. I guess that goes for both sexes