If you found out someone might have cancer, would you still date them if you were interested?

If you were interested in someone, and then you found out they might have a cancer would you still be interested?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, I make sure she gets the best part of her life before she goes.

• Someone maybe dying doesn't change my attraction for them. Of course I would. Plus I know a lot about curing cancer so I'd probably help her anyways. lol

• I probably would still date her...a circumstance like that wobt repel my interest. :)

• Of course I would. The girl I dated from when I was 16 til I was 21 (off an on after I was about 18 though) had ovarian cancer and underwent chemo until our freshman year in college. We are no longer together, but we stay close and she is in full remission. I would never turn someone down because of cancer, and it probably even made me love her more because I was able to be there for her when she needed me.

• Without a doubt I would. Maybe even more so I could help & be there for them in anyway I could.

What Girls Said 5

• yes.

• depends how long I've known them for and all that

• In all honesty, yes. This past November, I got back together with my boyfriend, and he told me he might have cancer. When he told me he definitely did have it, I decided not to run away. I loved him then, and I love him now. Unfortunately, he broke things off in January because a relationship got to be too much for him to handle along with chemotherapy, family stuff, and the depression he developed from cancer. I still love him, and I still hold out on hope for us.

• yes because love can help heal cancer.

• Found out my boyfriend of 5 months had cancer in October. He died in January. Horrible. Horrible heartache. You can't even imagine. Now I'm on gag 24/7. thinking about other peoples problems distracts me from my own. Knowing the way I feel now. Not trying to be pessimistic. But if I were you I'd move on.

• It might be me. I have to have an MRI soon. I have a tumor in my abdomen but they don't if it's benign or a cancer, so they are scheduling me an MRI. Everyone knows except him. All my single friends have been telling me to be prepared for him to run because they would if they were dating someone in my situation. My one friend said it would be pointless to get close to someone who might die.

• well I wouldn't write you off as a "might die." He only told me when he knew the severity of his disease. Just see what they say about the tumor. If its cancerous I would tell you to let him go. Because you'll start to like him and you don't want him to feel the way I do.