Why I admire douche bags - your thoughts?

I know douche bags who get women. They're basically vain, arrogant, judgmental and don't care a lot about most people.

I know that women don't date douche bags just because they're douche bags. But I admire douche bags because the ones that get a lot of dates, their positives outweigh their negatives. Like they have so many positives, that they could be handicapped by being an a**hole and they still get a lot of women.

Like if I had all the good qualities of a douche bag and none of the bad ones, I'd be king. but I mean douche bags can pull off being such an a**hole yet still get women (for other reasons). That's like if someone decided to not shower for a week and they still get dates.

Agree or disagree, and why?

okay, most of you misunderstand my point.

this is NOT a "wahhh why don't nice guys like me get laid" post.

Let me clarify.

1. BEING AN ASSHOLE IS NOT AN ASSET WHEN IT COMES TO MEETING WOMEN

2. WOMEN DONT DATE ASSHOLES BECAUSE THEYRE ASSHOLES

3. BEING A NICE GUY ALONE DOESNT MAKE YOU ENTITLED TO ANYTHING.
My point is that there are some people who have good qualities and bad qualities. And they're good qualities are so good that they outshine their bad qualities. And if they removed those bad qualities, they'd be perfect.

Heres a metaphor for what I'm trying to describe:

I mean, let's say someone has a perfect metabolism and an average body type. They can eat McDonalds three meals a day and still be in average shape. If they ate healthy food instead, they could be in excellent shape.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do you know why females like douche bags?

Because when they are young they were told when a guy is mean to you it means he secretly likes you.

Now that I'm done being rather cliche what was the problem again? Oh, there isn't one.

You're admiration is normal, this is why more guys have a "douche bag" mentality. They see what you are stating, which is very normal. Do I agree with it? Does it matter if I do?

I will say, my boyfriend is pretty much that fairy tale guy that your mother tells you about, and if prefer a knock off prince than an ass.

What Girls Said 14

• well I think women like guys like that because they are cool, they get you turned on. Yes, when women date a**holes like this, they usually aren't looking for something long term and serious, while rather something fun.

Some women, me included get turned on by them because they are badass, they make you feel things you never did. The expirience is amazing, just the way they think they are better than everybody else makes them more attractive.

But after a while, you get tired of them, that's what I'm saying.

• Agree, kind of.

Douchebags are able to mimic the qualities that make for an attractive boyfriend. Note how I said MIMIC. Key word. On the outside, they're very suave, confident, popular, etc. That is the way they appear. Usually, people who appear suave, confident, popular, etc, are those things because they're a good person, have good self esteem, etc. Douchebags have none of these things. They are simply presenting the outward appearance of having these things & thus are able to benefit from the assumptions others make (they have good self-esteem, they're a good person, people like them because they're cool, etc) about them.

• It's because they make us feel them. They annoy us, they get on our nerves but at the same time they make us happy.

The nice guy doesn't do this. It's one way all the time. Not that it's bad, that's just why we're drawn to the ass. We feel him.

• I'm a douche and girl told me that before, but I didn't understand what she ment. She said that she could feel me. Explain.

• yea interesting point, definitely explain

• ye, I agree

• Disagree I know the psychology behind it, (think of House) people thing that other people who are rude and arrogant with no repercussions to their employers, people in power, or in this case women they are sleeping with; must know something the rest of us don't. I mean they get away with it, right?

Which is ridiculous the only girls they are getting are the ones with low self esteem. One of my aquaintances and I actually got along better after I told him he was the kind of guy I would never date (he was being a jerk in my group of friends and I got mad). On the other hand, I have a friend who puts on an arrogant front (he's a troll) to annoy people (it works with me -.-) but I also know he is one of the nicest guys I've ever met, he cares about people and he does treat girls right. So if we were both single (we're not) I would have to say I would consider him but only because I know him and who he is.

• so the quote "douche bags" that get ahead, you're saying could be very nice warm people on the inside who just act jerky on the outside

• In my experience, with one specific person, yes. With other people no, but I guess if there's one there must be more. The first guy that I talked about is just a douche, his ex had no self esteem and he always put her down (idk about his current girlfriend). I think its better just to be confident and not arrogant. It will get you farther, at least it would with me.

• Just be yourself then eventually you will start to attract the person for you. Be the person you what your future daughter to married. Stop thinking the only way to get a girl is being an Ahole. This is so not true.

• A douche bags get girls because not every girl can spot a douche bag right away since they'll be a jerk to everyone, BUT the girl they're trying to pursue. As soon as they get what they want, then it's auf wiedersehn. That's when the girl realizes he's a douche and goes on to complain to her friends about what a douche bag he is.

• Why do guys on this site think that any guy who can get a girlfriend or sex is an a**hole/jerk/bad boy?

• thats not what I'm implying.

this is not a "wahhh women only date a**holes and not nice guys like me" post.

im just saying some people have so many attractive qualities, that being an a**hole doesn't put them out of commission.

it kind of like being able to run a mile while wearing a 200 pound backback.

• So agree, I kind of tried of guys thinking girls go for the bad guys. I'm tried of guys thinking they are entitle to date a girl just because he consider himself to be "the nice guy". I want a nice guy but he has to be more then just nice He needs to be confident, respectful towards me and others, honest, a hard worker, and values needs to match up with mines. So being just nice isn't enough and being an a**hole definitely not for me.

• agreed. this isn't a nice-guy post.

• If that's how you chose to act will you look back at your life and be proud of who you are?

• They are bad boys and girls like that

• It does seem to lean that way, but think of it this way, they get the girl but they don't keep her. I think what you notice is that they are confident, outgoing, and willing to take risks (to approach girls). But, they can be good guys and then become an ass because deep down he has self esteem issues himself or vica versa. Anyway, he probably gets the girls that have their own issues and you really wouldn't want anyway.

• I get why you feel that way but think this, even if they have a lot of possibilities those possibilities are not fulfilling unless you get everything else. Its like getting to open packages of presents and not being able to keep them.

• No, just no...

Completely disagree.

• I don't. Douche bags make me sick and so the women who date them make me sick as hell.

• what if a guy had all the good qualities that the average douche bag has (confidence, not caring about being rejected, willingness to put himself out there, great physical shape, etc) without all of the bad ones.

• I believe it when I see it.

• Disagree, don't worry about why.

What Guys Said 7

• You're being an a**hole right now... Why can't every other guy successful or not with women have their moments of being an a**hole to? All men are a**holes at some point, do you think someone should be held to a higher standard just because they know how to talk to women? =S

• Here's a hint, stop trying to do everything to please them and start being genuine. That means sometimes you'll be good to them, sometimes you'll be difficult, sometimes they'll think you're the sweetest guy in the world, other times they'll think you're an a**hole. That mix of emotions will make them feel you are real and interesting.

• i never claim any of these things. you made these gross generalizations...

• thru high school and still to this day, 2 years out of high school, people still call me and my friends douche bags, douchefest, guidos, etc etc etc.

we joke about being douche bags but its true. we really don't give a f*** and hold ourselves to a higher standard than EVERYONE else.

we're charming, social, good looking, we know how to win people over... but were also obnoxious, loudmouths, we can be mean. but above all we live our lives according to our standard thinking we are the best.

it stems from home. I was raised being admired by my entire family giving me tons of attention and tons of whatever else I wanted. so I started to believe that I was the best, but I actually am. and on top of all of this I don't give a f*** what you think

• I want to give you a real answer:

It's because females are submissive by nature. Assholes put them down and make them submit, thereby controlling them.

• Ywomen are a**holes. Stank attracts stank.

• That's like asking the question: "Why do women enjoy being abused so much?"

• uh no its not. do you read?

• Not when I'm drunk, but yea you didn't ask why girls like douche bags, what you asked about your opinion. I'd disagree with it, I'm very masculine and am a gentleman, I have no problem getting pretty girls because I'm alpha.

• Its true those guys actually get the women and I don't. I am too nice of a guy and women pick up on that and think I'm shy which I am but I am more nice then shy. I guess women want a guy to be assertive make moves and take action which means being a d bag.

• QA= Douche Bag.

• OK don't take what I said to personal.

• QA = question answerer :)

• Yes QA can mean Question Asker or Answerer ha ha ha.