Did this first date go good?

Ok I just went on a first date with this guy I met online, we were talking for a while, really good convos. We decided to meet today, especially after we both had a long night. I felt it went good, we talked a lot, he even mentioned it was good convo, we flirted a lot even challenged each other to basketball game or whatever for 2nd date, he was getting tired and he mentioned it too, but still wanted to hang but like an hour later he did mention he had to go he was burned out from last night and had work early tomorrow, but I'm glad he still hung with me even though he was tired. He walked me to my car and hugged me really tight and said "have a good night, nice meeting you" and that's what confused me because I thought that line usually meets they aren't interested. We had a good date I thought, and he even made little comments like that, I think we had a lot of chemistry but I'm just thrown off by him saying that and not setting up another time to hang or contact me to say he had a good time or whatever. I might just be reading to much into it, that just me, but what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do hope I'm wrong and he contacts you because it seems that you liked him, and for me if I'm having good convos with a girl I'm going to keep her around even if only as a friend. But the way he said goodbye (and only that) makes me think he was either looking for a quick fling or just realized that he wasn't into you and was too awkward or nice to be clear either way.

If either is the case don't take it hard at all, and if it's the former definitely don't think that you should give a guy looking for that what he wants just to keep him around, only if it's what you're looking for too.

It is of course entirely possible that he was so beat he didn't say it the way he meant. I would send him a message some time this week so there's no doubt that you're interested. But don't say it assertively like straight up "I want to see you again" just in case he is after that fling, he might take it that you are too. And don't beat yourself up waiting after that, if it's gonna happen it will.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, however I wouldn't worry about him not setting up another time to hang out. It seems like he was interested in hanging out again, he may want to take it kind of slow right now. I would send him a text sometime tomorrow telling him you had a great time and you would like to see him again. I would bet you will get conformation on the second date soon after that. I hope this helps! Don't stress it too much... It all sounds like its in order for you. Good luck.

• Well*

What Girls Said 1

• A good date, you just start is to first understand each other once, slowly further understanding, bless you