What would you consider as a date?

Coffee? Dinner? Movies?

How do you tell the difference between "hanging out" and a "date"?

Recently a guy asked me to "meet up" and do something like coffee or movies. We haven't got the chance to as we both are on tight schedule. Would it be considered as a date?

A while ago I "hang out" with this guy I like. We always kiss, hold hands, etc when we hang out. I didn't consider it as dates, and I think neither did he. So what would this one be considered as?

Most Helpful Girl

• to me that's a date...if he's paying and you're going out places and acting coupley it's dating. even if it isn't a serious relationship it's still "dating"

What Guys Said 4

• Meeting up is a synonym for a date. Really anything you guys dedicate a afternoon or night to together is a date. Whatever it is depends on what you choose to do. Kissing, holding hands ectt is normal when your together.

• Common theme is if the guy pays its a date. You might just be trying to be nice by paying but it might come across as a date, or you could simply say "want to get some lunch, its not a date just hanging out" or something.

• Coffee

• The quickest way to a girls heart is with a slice of pizza.

What Girls Said 3

• As long as I'm spending time getting to know them it's a date.

• I consider it a date.

• Sounds like a date, but what really distinguishes a date from just hanging out is obviously what happens or how he acts when you two are together.

Is he...

picking up the tab?

holding doors open for you?

just generally being a total sweetheart?

If yes, these all usually indicate dates... and I know it's not to you, but kissing and holding hands doing anything kind of feels like a date to me :)