My boyfriend and his online dating profile?

I was laying on his shoulder one day and he was checking his e-mail through his phone and I saw an e-mail from "OKCupid.com" and I used to have a profile on there as well, but I deleted mine a long time ago, before my boyfriend and I even met. We've been together 7 months, and I googled it and find his profile and it said his last log in was Jan. 29th. How do I bring this up that it bothers me that he still has this up and has logged in less then a month ago? I really want him to deactivate it, because I feel if you're in a relationship you shouldn't need to worry about online dating. We're very happy and I know he wouldn't cheat on him, but I just don't like the fact that he has one and it's been less then a month since he's logged on. How do I go about explaining this without sounding like I've been snooping? Because I haven't, I just glanced at his phone when we were laying together and got curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're being perfectly reasonable. That's not something I would feel comfortable with either. After all, a dating site isn't like p*rn. The direct goal of using a dating site is to meet real people who you are interested in, and you shouldn't need that when you're in a relationship. After all, if you two break up, he can always make a new account.

My advice is to talk to him and tell him what you told us. Let him know that you didn't mean to snoop, but you couldn't help but see it on your phone, and it bothered you because you would never have a profile on a dating site while being in a relationship with him. Ask him if he would be willing to delete his account out of respect for your feelings.

At the end of the day, there is no real reason why he needs to have the account right now unless he isn't fully committed to you. So he should be willing to delete it.

• Probably the best answer I've gotten so far. Thank you.

What Guys Said 1

• Show him what you wrote here to GAG. Tell him that you can't be in a relationship with a guy who does this and ask him to delete his profile and never to explore this type of site again. If he's smart he'll choose you over anything else. If he's not smart, dump him and don't look back.

What Girls Said 3

• I think he just wants to keep it in case you and him break up. My boyfriend still has his. But I don't care. I know he's not gonna find anyone online anyway. I never did. He doesn't log into it anymore. So I don't think you should worry about it.

• We've been very happy the past 7 months, and he told his friend who called him the other night that I was a keeper and I know he wouldn't cheat. Does your boyfriend's still say that he's single and looking for activity partners and long term relationship? He logged in less then a month ago, so I'd think he would change it and it just bothers me.

• No on his profile it says he's taken.

• I think you should just be completely honest and say that's how you discovered it, by glancing at his phone. And that you didn't say anything right away because it's just hard to know what to do in these situations.

• maybe he just forgot to delete it... you shouldn't be snooping, even if you could clearly see... that is his personal business, if he wants you to know about it, he will tell you.

• I wasn't snooping. All I did was glance up at his phone when we were laying together and saw it. I used to have an okcupid profile as well, but mine's gone. Then when I went home I wanted to see his profile so I looked it up,