Should unattractive people settle with dating other unattractive people?

Since they would have very little chance of being with someone really attractive?

"everyone has different standards but there is also a general consensus on levels of attractiveness."

agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• What do you mean should? Look around that is usually what happens. Don't get me wrong sometimes I am attracted to a guy that most other girls won't understand why but he suits my taste. I have been out in public with an ex and I often over heard guys make comments when they saw us like 'he must have money' or 'what is she doing with him', etc. Anyway, look at most couples who are married or have been together for a while. On a scale of generally agreed upon standards, most people end up with someone who is about the same level of attractiveness. Yes everyone has different standards but there is also a general consensus on levels of attractiveness.

What Girls Said 3

• No I think you should go out with who you find attractive. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", "Love is blind". I may be the ugliest person walking around but the hottest person might find me the most attractive if they love me.

You never know.

I see some of the "ugliest" people walking around with some very attractive people.

• I wouldn't necessarily say "should," but that is how it usually works out. The fact that you used the word "settle" when describing someone like themselves says it all really. I also think those that believe they're too go for people like themselves, often end up with nobody.

• "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". So true. Just because you think a woman is ugly, there's another guy out there that finds her beautiful.

• not true as a majority most people can agree if a guy/girl is attractive.

• But there's people who think they're both unattractive.

• True but they don't make up most of the people there are far more people who find them attractive. Which is why you see good looking men and women in advertisements for products such as AXE, Victoria Secrets, etc.

What Guys Said 6

• Never, ever settle!

• Good looking women want a good looking man. I see nothing wrong with that only a gold digger would date a rich old man.

• No, they shouldn't date period

• absolutely

• or how bout just date people you want and then see if they work out instead of purposely looking for unattractive people to date

• Since when have looks become the forefront of what's important in a relationships? My mom is very attractive, my dad isn't. My aunt is very attractive, my uncle isn't. But guess what? My dad and my uncle are both awesome people and treat their wives and children great.

• it should be equal good looking guy marries good looking girl or ugly guy marries ugly girl.

• Okay my insulting comment was removed, but you will be a lonely man forever. Nice profile.