Gentlemen how far ahead do think about the future about the girl you are dating?

you guys have been dating about six months or more broke up once in the middle because of some random reason, you kept talking to her because you don't want to lose her from your life she gives you an ultimatum you either date her or you don't contact her ever again, so you get back together with her. do you guys ever think about the future with this girl? how often and how much? Or do you just enjoy every day?

Most Helpful Guy

• You gave us a scenario, but you have to understand ALL guys are different, therefore our decisions will be different. Your first mistake is saying you broke up for a random reason, when making ANY decision in life it can't just be 'random' it's always a reason or desire for the decision making.

Most men think about the future, but the guy you gave in the scenario sounds like he didn't have time to think, if given a untlimatium of that sort- he obviously wants the girl right? So he's going to choose to date her again, but if something bad happens & it's broken of again, it doesn't make him a bad guy or confusing, it's that he was trying to make a smart decision due to the circumstance. This make sense?

• yes, the guy in the scenario is my boyfriend and we broke up because he didn't think he can handle a long distance relationship but then I gave him an ultimatum all the other guys I gave ultimatums they choose to never see me again. well my boyfriend told me he couldn't have me not be in his life he chose to date me and he loves me he says we now been together for two months since we got back together. we didn't break up just I feel like I upset him but he says we are fine

• Understood. It's a possibility the situation can be upsetting but if he says he's not then don't stress it, it's hard though because the relationship is long distance right?

He could be saying he's dating you so you'll still be in his life, but still be seeing other people so that he can get the full committed feeling, I don't mean to scare or put thoughts in, I'm just stating an option.

• yeah I thought that could happen but he calls me drunk and makes me tell girls who are trying to hit on him that I am his girlfriend and his roommates always make fun of him because he is calling me so much

What Guys Said 4

• Well for me personally, there wouldn't be any change in the future to the relationship, since being in it would be the final part, but that's just because I don't plan on marrying or having children. Most guys that I know think remarkably little to the future, at least far into it, and rather go with "enjoy every day" kind of attitude. Though I know a few guys, who do start thinking something like building a family with a girl if they've dated for a prolonged period of time. I'd say though that in general, women tend to think more into the future of the couple than men, at least in my opinion.

• Not at all. Always take it one day at a time, at least in the beginning. Thinking too far ahead is psyching yourself out and basically over thinking.

• You shouldn't go into a relationship, without wanting to be with that person for the rest of your life

• "do you guys ever think about the future with this girl? "

No.

Just take every day as it comes, because sooner or later it is going to end. I'll never stay with a girl who thinks she can give ultimatums.

What Girls Said 2

• i had been seeing a guy for a few months and the reason he said we couldn't be together is because he wanted kids and I already have 2 of my own and not wanting anymore. So he was thinking about our future... and seen that there was not one if it meant he couldn't have kids.

• there's no general answer it depends on the guy, his personality, his priorities in life, where he is in life, etc. if the guy is young, like late teens to early 20s, I doubt he's thinking of the future that much. when a guy is a bit older/more mature and at the point in life he wants to settle down with someone he probably starts thinking about the future more.