My girlfriend lives in Alabama and I live in PA she told me 2 days ago that she needs space.

Her dad is sick and I have been hounding her to move in with me in PA. She has a lot on her plate, I know and I'm kind of pushy. But she avoids my text messages even when we were dating. She told me she loves me with all her heart and that she just needed some time. She wasn't real clear as to why. Being that we live so far away, I know I don't give her what she needs and she said she feels like I'm unhappy because she won't leave her family and come live with me. The thought has crossed my mind that she is cheating and doesn't want to hurt me. I even asked her if she found somebody else and she said no, nothing like that at all so I said what is it. She said I just have too much and I feel like I'm going crazy. Should I give her the time or breakup with her?

What Girls Said 1

• How sick is her father? If he is very ill, it probably isn't the best idea hounding her to move out of the state.

• He is not that ill has bad back trouble and has a hard time getting around. Her family depends on her to do everything. I pressed her on if she had found anybody else and she said no it's nothing like that. well then what is it. I just have too much on my plate. I almost feel like she is trying not to hurt my feelings. I asked her if I could call her and say goodbye and she said it's not goodbye, I just need some time. I said ok

What Guys Said 1

• Personally I think that asking for time is about the same as breaking up. I can't say if she's cheating on you or not so I'm not gonna go there. If I were you I would back off a little with the moving thing and see if she's any different. Her head might be spinning with her having a sick father and all so she might not be thinking straight. If you really think she might cheating on you your only options are to leave, call her on it and see what happens, or stay since you have no proof.

Sorry I have nothing better. Hope it all works out for you

• Thanks for the info. I asked her if I could call her to say goodbye and she said it's not goodbye, I just need some time. I said OK. I asked her if she found somebody else and she said no it's nothing like that, well what is it? She said she has too much on her plate. I do love this woman and I'm kind of baffled so I was just looking for some advice.