Would you ever date someone who lived with a roommate of the opposite sex?

This works both ways. Would you ever date or be willing to date someone who lived with a roommate of the opposite sex. Assume that the roommate is not gay.

Personally, I'm not entirely sure, but I would steer clear of girls who are living with another guy. I guess I could trust her over time, but the last thing I would want is after an argument my girl goes home to another shoulder to cry on.

What do you think?

Does it make it better that she is the owner of the townhome and he is a tenant?

Most Helpful Girl

• i would be very hesitant

• Would it make it worse if they go out together, such as like bar trivia and stuff?

• if you haven't met her give her a chance, to be honest. you can bail but it's not nice. however you probably will already be prejudging her badly, that's what happens when we go on dates we don't want to go on. it's your call. I thought you meant you liked a girl but she was close with a male roommate.

• Yeah, I don't know what the situation is. I just know she shares a townhouse with a guy and they go out and hang out with one another. I know I shouldn't pre-judge her, but its kinda hard because that would just be an extra amount of drama that I don't need in my life

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I wouldn't write him off because of that.

• if you are interested in her then don't let anything stop you. if she feels the same way about you, then there's nothing to worry about. I've been on dates with guys who know my little brother and his friend lives with me in my townhome and that doesn't bug them at all. I still would give that person a chance and see where it goes from there

• I tried this and it was extremely awkward. I eventually backed off the relationship primarily because of this.

• The same way she could go home to another shoulder and cry she could call a friend up and bring him home to cry on his shoulder. I would try to date her...plus if she lives with a guy roommate and she is looking to date someone I don't think she interested in him

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, but if they tried anything with my woman I would slap them in the face so hard that their entire family died.