Is this a good way to flirt without getting cockblocked?

I'm a freshman in college and I like this girl in my econ class. She's really cute, attractive, and intelligent. But she's one of those girls that seems picky with guys. The class meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She also happened to see me play guitar/sing at open mic this week and she apparently played it too. She came up and sat next to me and talked for about 10 minutes. I got her number the next day after class. the day after that I texted her and said "hey. how's your day going?" For whatever reason she didn't text back. But she did say hi to me in class the next day. I'm about 90% sure she knows I'm trying to hit on her and might be hesitant to return it. Or maybe she doesn't like me at all who knows. And it's only so hard because her friend sits on the other side of her in class so I can't say anything I really want to without her friend hearing it and pressuring her to not flirt with me. I have spring break this coming up week so I'm NOT going to attempt to contact her. Would it be cute/funny if I texted her during the first class after break (Tuesday) like "this class is so boring :(" and acting completely natural after sending it to be mysterious a little and kind of throw her off. Her friend won't be involved that way. Then kind of be funny with the texting and at the end of class tell or text her I'm playing open mic that night and she can come OR should I not try to talk to her the first week after break and see if she talks to me and then text her the following Monday and ask if she wants to come (open mic is on Tuesdays, and the class is on Tuesdays/Thursdays, so either I can text her in class Tuesday with that whole deal or ignore her mostly and text her the Monday on the week after). What is better?

Most Helpful Girl

• All of that sounds like a good idea and hopefully it works out.

Just be advised that, that there's only a certin number of times that

you can intiate contact with someone ( with no response). Before,

you need to either let them come to you or just give up. So, if she

doesn't respond this next time, you should just let it go and see what

happens. The last thing you want to do, is waste your time with someone

who's not interested. Because for every girl that's not interested, there will

be one that is. Hope that helps and good luck : ) I hope you get the girl.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh man, you're complicating things. If you like her, don't ignore her. When you get the chance just invite her to come see you play. If she comes, hang out with her, and if you both enjoy yourselves ask her out again. Good luck!

• she likes to think that she's hard to get, so I need to be really careful

• yeah, so the text thing during class is good? and that whole plan?

• Yeah, sounds good. Hope it works out.

• Sorry, but if I never texted back it would mean I'm not interested. But maybe she has no texts left in her phone?

What Guys Said 3

• Don't act too cool. Just act yourself, be honest with her, and find ways to prolong your conversations.

• In class

• Just ask her to do something. She chatted with you for 10 minutes, that's enough.