Would it be weird to date a girl with a hearing aid?

I'm 21 and I have to wear a hearing aid because I can barely hear low tones...it's not one of those old hearing aids, it's actually quite nice...but would it be weird to date a girl who had one?

Mines close to this style, same brand-----> link

Thanks everyone for your positive answers...I was curious because I have guy friends that tease me for having a hearing aid so young

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it would be weird for a girl to wear a hearing aid on a date, especially if you need one to help you hear the low tones during a conversation. If a guy does have a problem with you wearing a hearing aid, then it would probably be better if you could find a guy who is more accepting of you as a person. Besides, you can always offer him a choice. Ask him what's more important, that you leave it at home and you not hear him, or you wear it and then you can interact with him better while you're out dating?

What Guys Said 12

• No, not at all.

I can't possibly imagine what trouble a hearing aid can bring to a relationship, or a date for that matter.

• Not at all weird. I walk with a cane and wear reading glasses,does that mean you you wouldn't date me because of that?

We all have our own little problems of some sort. No big deal.

• It's not weird. As long as I feel comfortable around her, and she makes me feel great and appreciated, then that wouldn't be a deal breaker.

• I don't think it's weird.

• Nah, Once I understand what's causing a girl to wear that, I'd be OK with it and wouldn't even notice it.

• My cousin's boyfriend has a cochlear hearing aid and nobody knew (including her) until several weeks into it. Even when people noticed, it was no big deal.

• No not at all. That is not a big deal at all.

• Really no different than someone wearing glasses, other than wearing glasses is just more common. I wouldn't care if she had them.

• It's not a deal breaker for me.

• Not at all.

• Yes probably, but it's not too big of a deal.

• I am so desperate to have a date,I started having zero expectation,just need someone to have good time rather than being alone and doing the same sh*t every day

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think it would be weird. If a guy cares he is shallow and you deserve better :)

• No,because I need one,just haven't looked into getting one.

:/