Would You Date Yourself?

I mean that in all seriousness.

Would you date yourself? (Don't come up with a smart aleck response like, 'well I'm straight, so no)

I see many people complaining on here that no one wants to date them. However, I feel like the only answer to that question is asking your own self if you would date you! If the answer is no, then you need to change something.

Most Helpful Guy

• Coming up through school and when I was trying to get established I had to date myself a lot. I was away from home and I had no one with me so I often went out and celebrated holidays, my birthday all by myself.

Honestly, I don't think the issue here is about people feeling that no one wants to date them. I think it's a classic case of the people that they're interested in aren't interested in them and the people who are interested in them have don't appeal to them so they end up staying alone and complaining about how no one wants to date them until they can find that connection.

What Guys Said 13

• I gave up formal dating in myh teens and met women in projects we worked on together, or more 'organic' ways.

I think formal dating is too artificial, and limiting, as well as still mostly a meat marketr where the women ask for bids...so you would never date me, I'm not the 'dating' type.

..I would never 'date' myself. I might follow me around and try to find pretexts to talk to me, though.

• Yes

I think there are great qualities about myself, but I also think there annoying things about me that could grow tiresome. At the same time I know me and feel like dating myself I would know how to handle and deal with those annoyances so it wouldn't drive me crazy

• I would date myself, because I have experience, I'm laid back, generous, outgoing, romantic in effort lol, and genuine, all the things I look for in a woman so why wouldn't I date me lol,x

• If I was a female and I saw myself as a guy walking around, I would be attracted to my looks and after I got to know myself ( Ironic , I know), I would date myself.

• Now yes...if you asked me that half a year ago it would have been no...I've done a lot of growing up lately

• Dating a female version of myself would be boring, a variety in thoughts, ideas and opinions would be far more interesting. Although, sharing certain similarities could bring harmony into our relationship.

• No. Lol, I'm continually surprised when girls are willing to go out with me. lol

• The answer is hell no, actually.

That's actually how I am gauging my progress to see if I'm ready for dating. I put myself in a girl's place and analyze myself...it is a good method I think.

• I agree. I think if your datable, you would know yourself.

And when you are ready to date, it will be obvious because people will want to know you/talk to you.

Good luck!

• Totally! I'd very much to!

• I would date the f*** out of myself

• Probably not. I need to work more on my confidence first.

• No way

• i would not lol

What Girls Said 7

• Definitely would date myself I'm awesome !

• Absolutely. I do everyday ;-)

• Hell no ;)

• OH YEA ahahhaa

I love virgin & geeky Jesus freaks :P

• I probably wouldnt.

• HELL YES. If no one else will date me than I will .

• I probably would, yes.

I'm attentive without being clingy. I'm fairly intelligent, pretty funny, and honest without being hateful. I'm horny all the time. It doesn't take a lot to make and keep me happy. I'm easily entertained, with simple (not extravagant) tastes in things. I'm loyal, trustworthy, and sensitive. I'm insecure though, and that'd be an issue sometimes. But a compliment or two a week keeps that from being too much trouble (lots of sex does that too, haha!).