Do you feel more self conscious about yourself the more you are on this site?

For some reason I find the more I hang out on this site and read people's stuff on here the more self conscious I get. Whenever I see people talking about problems it makes me sad that I have dating problems too and for whatever reason reading more and more of it on here just makes me feel worse about it for myself. It also makes me sad thinking about how everyone on here acts and thinking if that's really how most people act and think in general. It seems like if you are not mr cool, confident, good looking on here guys will think you're a p**** and girls will think you're lame. Are people really this quick to judge in real life? Keep in mind I'm not saying everyone on here is like this just speaking in terms of the whole GAG population and common trends in people I know there are some good people on here too that are my friends and are actually helpful.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hear you,but...I think its important to take advice and listen to users grievances with a grain of salt.I see all of the insecurities from girls and guys here,and I have to ignore most of it because I don't want there awful points of view to affect me.Perfect example?There is a user here who INSISTS white men aren't interested in black women.You can't convince her of anything else other than that very limited point of view.Why?Because of her own awful/hurtful experiences.I voiced my opinion to her,to no avail of course.One day, I actually randomly thought of the topic her and I have argued about in the past,and for a split second,I considered it to be true to some extent.And THEN,I had to be realistic and ignore that negative energy,as I prepared myself for my date with someone who truly wanted to meet me,showed a great deal of interest,and was excited to meet...ME.He happens to be...a WHITE male.

So...proves my point that she is terribly incorrect,and could use some therapy for her own self hatred,and that of her own race.Anyway,you just have to block out some things you see here. I think a lot of users here are inexperienced,lack life experience,and come on here to vent,yet their point of views are askew.So ignore most of what you see here.Its THEIR reality,NOT YOURS.

• wow that is a very good example and I agree with everything you said too.

• :D...

In the end all you can do is live your best life.Don't allow this site to dictate anything for you.Good luck...

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah I know what you mean I've had some pretty negative feed back from some of the GAG people but when you ask for peoples opinions on things and ask what they think you have to expect to get some feed back you might no want to see everyone has their own opinions and minds people see things differently there's a saying comfort people with your lies or hurt them with the truth... there's a big difference between plain out nasty comments compared to constructive comments I'm real but I'm not rude about it. I've also had some really lovely heart felt comments that have lifted me up and helped me. :)

• If anything 60% of the people on this site make me feel better about myself.

What Guys Said 4

• Not at all. Though I must admit that your presence here is beginning to make me squirm a bit. Who are you? Have you ever killed or eaten any relatives? And just what was your involvement with Michael Jackson?

• nope. I happen to be completely self absorbed and shallow no matter what sites I go on

• No, but I've been here four years now. I felt more self-conscious when I joined but I'm more confident and content now than I was then.

• To quote Admiral Ackbar n"It's a trap", I've seen this question a few times. I tend to agree, it has made me more insure. I've read things that I would never have thought would be an issue. Suddenly I over think everything. And yes I think that as a whole the same demographic that uses this site, a small proportion in comparison to the world, shares the same opinions as those there age in the real world. Look this site is mainly young kids, who really have no clue about actual relationships and hardships. Stick to the older crowd, they have wisdom threw experience. Don't let it get you down. What 18's think doesn't matter when it comes to dating someone who is 30.