Is it okay for my boyfriend to hang out with girls when I'm not around?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 3 yrs. I've never been the jealous type but recently he's been texting girls to hang out some that I work with, he was texting them when I was too tired to go out because I worked all night... And he didn't wanna go alone... When I confronted him bout it he said cause we been fighting recently (over cleaning, I work night shift 6 days a wk) and wanted to hang out with a girl who wouldn't yell.. Should I be upset or is this jealousy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I let my ex hang out with her male friends, but before she started to hang out with them I got to know them personally. They were good guys, most of them had girlfriends of their own.

(They knew that if they did anything to her, they would have to deal with me as well.)

If she were to hang out with guys I don't know of or some guys that doesn't give good vibes, then I wouldn't be OK with it.

What Guys Said 2

• couples argue it happens lol. as long as you know the girls you work with well I wouldn't be mad,just do the same things to guys he work with.

• You should be jealous. Something might happen if he gets too close to the girl/girls.

What Girls Said 1

• my ex would do this, It made me jealous because our relationship was unstable at the time, so it made me think "what is he getting from these other girls that he isn't getting from me?" I think you have a right to be upset but should also be looking at the relationship as a whole, maybe there are things you can do to make things better before jumping to conclusions and overreacting.