Is it normal that I've never been on a date?

I'm 19, I've never been on a date and I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me. I've spent years trying to build up my confidence and I'm at the point where I believe that I'm smart, attractive, and an all around good person, but it's hard to maintain this state of mind when no one seems to respond positively to it.

Here's some details about me:

-I'm working on an engineering degree

-I'm 6' tall, not overweight, curvy in all the right places

-I'm introverted, I may come off as cold to strangers

-I'm nice

I'm trying to put myself out there, but I keep getting rejected...any ideas as to what's wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• the ones that reject you...are they shorter than you? a lot of guys like to be the tall one in a relationship or they feel intimidated. that mixed with the introversion might be the cause, but that's just a guess cause there is no photo for reference ^^

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think it's abnormal, you're so young. I think the best way to meet people is to put yourself out there and try and meet lots of people.

• totally normal don't sweat it.

• I'd say its normal. I'm 20 and I've never been on a date

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe you're ignoring the guys that do like you.. I mean, it's one thing to get rejected by the guys you like, but it's another to not give the other guys a chance.

• Well, I have been told that I'm terrible at picking up signals, so maybe that's it.

Any signs that I should be looking out for?

• I don't think they'll be obvious about liking you until they're comfortable around you. So try to look friendly, smile, be kind to other people and open up a bit.. then they'll see you won't reject them and they'll take a chance and come up to talk and stuff :)